• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ten years ago

Rob's post certainly was more to observe an important anniversary than it was to seek accolades. :nod

Ian

Yup.. Actually I was in the Election Forum when I looked at my join date and thought "holy cow, has it really been 10 years?" I thought it was a milestone worth pointing out. BTW, this year's election discussions are quite civilized.

It's been a great ride and thanks in large part to your steady push the media department of the MOA is very close to what you were talking about in 2003.

While there were only 10 of us in the first week, over the years we've had help from over 50,000 people to make the MOA forum rock. Thanks to each and every one of you.

-Edited to fix spelling and date-

Last edited:
It took me a while to find the forum. I was working the Beer Garden at the 2004 International Rally when Santa (Beer Team in here) told me we were having a special group meeting. Yes, it was the first Meat Meet. The Forum Riders meeting in meat space. I found out that I knew some of these folks and they told me about the forum. At the end of the riding season in South Dakota I decided to take a look at what was going on and signed up. I have been lurking here ever since.

My thanks to all who have worked so hard to make this such a great place.

tb

We actually "went live" the same day we invaded Iraq. :ha

A few of us thought that adding an ability for the members to talk with each other was going to be crucial to moving ahead as an organization.

And here we are, ten years later. Pretty amazing, I'd say.

Back