• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

95 1100 LT just quit while going down the road

I went back to the begining

I remembered when I first got the Fuel pressure regulator problem fixed and I ran the bike for the first time. I got a little sparking and arcing from the fuel tank mounting lugs and I stuck a ground wire on the fuel sender screw like 98lee suggested. After going over several of the replies and suggestions along with rereading the Adventure rider thread I decided to replace the Fuel tank sender/fuel pump four pin connector. That connector failed the old fashion power it up, twist the connector and watch the fuel gauge. I picked up the replacement down at the local NAPA, nope not a trailer hitch connector but a GM style water proof unit.

I installed it and everything works as it should consistently. I have to go to work in just a few minutes but I'm picking up some fresh gas on the way home to put in it for the test ride tomorrow. I have a feeling that its fixed and may gold plate the OEM connector as that's about what my tail chasing and parts replacing cost me in time and $$$.

I'll let you know if its good or I got to push again.

If that fixes the problem, it was probably the brown chassis ground wire either at or just next to the connector.

Aren't intermittent electrical problems fun?:hungover

:dance:dance:dance

I know this is old

If that fixes the problem, it was probably the brown chassis ground wire either at or just next to the connector.

But was the connector the issue,,hate when we don't get a final conclusion to a problem.

I know this is old

But was the connector the issue,,hate when we don't get a final conclusion to a problem.

Back