• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Log out time out?

jgr451

Hi,it seems the "remember me" button that I keep ticking has a short or no memory!I log in,then,it seems if I leave the forum then return,I have to log in again every time.

Question:How long do I stay logged in ,and why can't it be longer?

With all the goings on, some have found the old info has been stored in their browser and it needs a little cleaning out. Some anti-virus programs have a feature that will clean out your temporary internet, cookies and cache. If you can give that a try, I think it will help. OM

When I use IE8, I arrive at the forum with no issues.

When I use Firefox, I am logged into the main page, but have to log in again to get into the forum.

Harry

Clear the history and cookies in Firefox. Each browser will hold info. Once clear, you should have to log in and be fine. Remember that if you log out that will change things.
HTH.
OM

When I use IE8, I arrive at the forum with no issues.

When I use Firefox, I am logged into the main page, but have to log in again to get into the forum.

Harry

Harry -

I'm not knowledgeable enough about how the different browsers work to provide any help. It would seem that Firefox or your settings has something which forces this situation, since IE8 works fine. Maybe other Firefox users will chime in. I don't think Jeff in the MOA office will know, but it might be worth a call to him to see if anyone else has asked about this issue.

Clear the history and cookies in Firefox. Each browser will hold info. Once clear, you should have to log in and be fine. Remember that if you log out that will change things.
HTH.
OM
FYI: I did this last week, it is all working good for me now! :thumb:wave

Back