• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tires at the Rally

bobr9

I would like to know if the tire vendors at the rally will install the tires as well, or do you have to do that on your own in the self-service area on the grounds? (this is my first rally) Also, how do their prices stack up to what you can normally get for both the tires and the installation (assuming they do installation). I am anticipating that my current set of tires will make it out there but not make it back and I would like to avoid having to change them out prematurely before the trip if possible. I am running Michelin PR3's on an RT, and I see that Michelin is one of the rally vendors. Thanks....

Yep;

Michelin has been at the rallies for years, along with others. I got tires at the Canada Rally a few years back. Only time I did that. Best bet is EARLY in at vendor, or take your "rims only" off bike to vendor and save'em a lot of trouble IF you can do that yourself. Save some bucks doing that. Prices about same. Enjoy the coast to coast ride, its worth it. Randy

Best bet is EARLY in at vendor, or take your "rims only" off bike to vendor and save'em a lot of trouble IF you can do that yourself

Thanks Randy. So I guess this means that Michelin will have tire changing service at the rally? Wondering if I would be better off buying the tires beforehand and having them shipped to the rally site?

Maybe;

Yes, the tire vendors mount tires and the pace is rapid, with so many BMWs in one place!!! Usually only a couple vendors doing this tire service so be early to tire vendor booth. Many do ship goods to rally and tires, why not? I think the price of shipping em would be poor idea however. The rally tire vendors will have ample supplies and a GOOD suggestion would be to CALL EM in advance(the vendor) and ask them to put your name on a set:). The vendor list is available, go research it. IF they don't want to do this, they will be there 3-4 days and can always get supplies into the rally IF you give em time. Remember, be early if you can. I think the call em idea is best idea I would chase down. Randy

Back