• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Two Flea Markets, Item Location, and Date Posted

Cromwell2

I'm wondering if there are plans to finish merging the two Flea Markets currently on the site. The "old" one seems to be back and accessible via the Flea Market tab at the top of the site. The other "temporary" one is still under the Forum tab and seems to have different posts.

Another thing: would it be possible to make a mandatory field showing where the item is located, and also show the "date posted" somewhere?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Penny -

I hope I can help with your questions. First, there is no plan to take the ads entered in the in-forum Flea Market and move them to the new one. That would all have to be done manually...I've heard that is not something that the office can do by easily redirecting the database info since it's entered in two different places. Plus, it's getting to a point where the ads in the old in-forum Flea Market are nearing their 30-day time, so most would end be being deleted. At that point, those original posters would create new ads, this time in the returned Flea Market at the top of the page.

I had planned on leaving the in-forum Flea Market up for a while so that people could still view those ads. If you're interested in something there, you can still contact them via PM, email, or phone depending on how the poster left the contact situation. However, interacting with them via the forum is currently closed.

As for mandatory fields in the new Flea Market, the office is working with the interface to set all that up. Yes, some of the fields should be made mandatory...that's just good practice if your selling something so people will know the price, location, shipping conditions, etc. As for the date, it appears to me that the posted date is in each ad...you just have to click on the ad. Sorting the listings by date will bring the new ones to the top if you're wanting to see what's new from the previous day.

Hope that helps.

Back