Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a picture of your Wethead

My 2014 R1200 RT

I picked up my bike on the evening of 09/25/14 from Mortons BMW in Fredericksburg VA.

Quartz Blue Metallic. It has the Touring Package with Dynamic ESA, GPS Prep, Heated Seats and Grips, Cruise Control. Dynamic Package with Hill Start Control, Headlight Pro, Ride Modes Pro, and the Tire Pressure Monitor. The top box and cylinder guards are extras I added. Almost 1100 miles on the bike so far. Thank you Greg North and Jeff Massey of Mortons BMW!!! Riding the bike is incredibly rewarding and fun.

Silver Wunderlich saddle bag guards are being shipped and should arrive this coming week.

Lauchlin Lee
    Culpeper VA

oops!

Not sure what happened with the picture. I will see if I can rotate it and repost it.

Lauchlin Lee
    Culpeper VA

Quote Originally Posted by Lauchlin_Lee View Post
    Not sure what happened with the picture. I will see if I can rotate it and repost it.

Lauchlin Lee
    Culpeper VA
    L2014 1200 RT.jpgets try this again

NYrider
    Very nice Lauchlin!
    NYrider

San Diego, CA

2014 BMW R1200RT - Callisto Grey Matte Metallic

Picked up October 2, 2014 at BMW Motorcycles of Countryside. Thanks, Carey, Javier, and crew!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great Pics. Who has a really good water bottle holder ?

Proud owner of a 2014 R1200RT. First BMW...impressive machine to say the least. Most entertaining feature has to be the Shift Assist. Much fun to be had when entering a freeway ! But I digress. Can't find a decent cup holder that is accessible during riding. Gets pretty warm in SFL and I like to be able to hydrate while moving.

Any good suggestions ?

Jamie
    Last edited by jamiekimble; 10-14-2014 at 08:30 PM.

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar

Your Top Box.....

Nice looking bike LL....I am interested in what top box that is??? I like the size and the all black color.

TIA,

AirBender
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

San Diego, CA

28L top case

Top case shown is BMW P/N 77 43 7 724 352. Back rest is separate (P/N 71 60 7 693 672). You can have the case keyed to match your bike.

Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by AirBender View Post
    Nice looking bike LL....I am interested in what top box that is??? I like the size and the all black color.

TIA,

AirBender

top box

TIA,

AirBender
    Thanks. The top box from BMW. It is the smaller of the 2 options. My memory may be slightly off, but I believe the smaller one is 29 liters, and the larger size is 48 liters. I ride one up so I needed less room. It accommodates a helmet and a few extra small items conveniently. If you are going to travel on longer trips than 2-3 days or have two people traveling I would I would check out the larger top box.

Safe riding!

Lauchlin

Quote Originally Posted by myclau View Post
    Top case shown is BMW P/N 77 43 7 724 352. Back rest is separate (P/N 71 60 7 693 672). You can have the case keyed to match your bike.

Ride safe!
    Thank you so much myclau for posting up the part #'s! You rock!

Thanks. The top box from BMW. It is the smaller of the 2 options. My memory may be slightly off, but I believe the smaller one is 29 liters, and the larger size is 48 liters. I ride one up so I needed less room. It accommodates a helmet and a few extra small items conveniently. If you are going to travel on longer trips than 2-3 days or have two people traveling I would I would check out the larger top box.

Safe riding!

Lauchlin
    Yes, I have seen the large case in person on a 2014RT. It's almost "too" BIG in my opinion. That being said, I do like how it will work with the autolock feature of my side cases and it has interior lighting and an opening mechanism that allows the top to remain up while loading. I'm just not sure I would use it very often. I think the one you have is more of what I'm looking for. Thanks for the reply.
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

San Diego, CA

49L top cases

There are several OE 49L top case options for the 2014 BMW R1200RT.

The first is the top case that fits 2005-2013 RTs. It is P/N 71 60 7 720 456 (current MSRP $923.00). Second option is the "new style" 49L top case for MY '14 RTs. P/N for this is 77 43 8 544 630 (current MSRP $1240.00). Yes it does seem to match the lines of the '14 RT better and it does have the gas struts to hold the cover open, but it DOES NOT have the electrical innards to integrate it to the central locking system if your '14 RT is so equipped. You'll have to spring for the third option, "new style" 49L top case with electrical innards, P/N 77 43 8 544 631 (current MSRP $1506.00). Don't forget that the lock cylinder on any of these cases is extra. Ouch! Note too that you must have the highest priced case if you intend to add the optional LED Brake Light P/N 77 51 8 520 044 ($237.95) to the touring case. The LED Brake Light will add additional visibility.

BTW, the "new style" 49L top cases are heavier than the older style for MY 2005-13 RTs.

Confused? I was until I understood why there were so many top case variants.

I did not want the Central Locking and therefore selected the older style 49L top case.

Ride safe!

Thank you so much myclau for posting up the part #'s! You rock!

Yes, I have seen the large case in person on a 2014RT. It's almost "too" BIG in my opinion. That being said, I do like how it will work with the autolock feature of my side cases and it has interior lighting and an opening mechanism that allows the top to remain up while loading. I'm just not sure I would use it very often. I think the one you have is more of what I'm looking for. Thanks for the reply.

RTW at Thompson Motor Speedway

RTW makes a good track bike.
    Paul
    Stop wrestling with your motorcycle, dance with it.
    2011 R1200RT Traded
    2014 R1200RT fully optioned

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    RTW makes a good track bike.
    This is a great shot! Glad to see someone here using up the edge of their tires on an RTW I'm surprised they didn't make you take up the front headlight for that track day though.

They only required bikes with glass headlights to be taped.
    Paul
    2011 R1200RT Traded

My wife on her 2014 GSW
    Paul
    2011 R1200RT Traded