• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Wethead

New Ride

398CE71A-E0A4-4C43-8B5B-63A1BD48BBE1.jpg

I bought this yesterday from the good folks at Morton’s BMW in Fredericksburg, VA. It’s going to take a bit of getting used to after 21 years on GS’s

Roy F
Richmond, VA

My new to me '16 R1200 GS!! Only have a few hours on it in the neighborhood and loving it already!! Was planning on keeping my '07 V-Star 650 but may not need it. The GS is so comfy and has a real friction zone (something the V-Star lacks).

Trailed her home and now just riding around my 1.5 block neighborhood working on stops (1 drop), slow turns (1 drop) and turns from a stop (1 drop). At least by the time I take my first adventure class it will look like I've been doing this for a while! [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]
484b494587b3c5833d1bf2f84ae202b1.jpg

Thank you Frontline Eurosports in Salem, VA! Great crew and great service. Can't wait to ride down to see them again. Bonus, BMW Motorrad truck was there so I got to see the entire range of in person. Didn't change my mind but do love the black and yellow paint scheme on the 40th anniversary versions of the GS/GSA.

Last edited:
2018 r1200rt, red!!

Just picked her up last Monday! 2018 R1200RT. Got her registered and the tags this week and rode the bike for the first time today!
20210419_130747 (1).jpg

55765B5B-FC89-4D5A-B8F9-8B244D7691CE.jpg This is my replacement RT this past 4th of July at Fairview Beach on the shores of the Potomac River.

Fresh Garage Candy

Barely four weeks old... "I'm ready for my closeup now...!"
Garage candy my ar$e... this is ROAD CANDY! :D
R1250RT_Studio-15-Right.1.jpgR1250RT_Studio-35-Left.1.jpgR1250RT_Studio-61-Oblique.1.jpg

Back