• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Wethead

Thanks for the comment. At least on a San Marino blue RT the "nose" does look much better color matched; do not know about other models. I had the dealer remove the nose, take it to the painter, and reinstall it. I think it was about $300, but I am not sure. I had top case lids painted, no dealer needed to be involved, and that cost $100 each.

I am glad you liked Arizona. I cannot say I do. I loved Wisconsin, but after 60 years or so there I was driven out by cold, snow, and road salt.

Did you have the dealer pull the nose due to a degree of difficulty, as you may have seen I have the blue also. It really does set it off well. Key word is LIKED on Arizona, I grew to hate it, I love it here in Missouri, great riding roads, no traffic. Apart from winter it's like a riders heaven. Arkansas is close and they have some great rides but a lot of their roads need a lot of TLC. Used to ride regularly from Tempe or AJ to Tucson to visit the Bashful Bandit. Crazy place. COurse that was my youth.

Beautiful day in the Sandia mountains a couple days ago. Glad I went as snow expected tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 499
New to Me 2014 R1200GS Adventure

New to the Forum and showing off my prize. This is my 3rd BMW. Previous were the 1967 R50/2 and a 1978 R90/6

20191124_161507-01_34228215022410(1).jpeg

I grabbed this jewel a few weeks ago in Santa Maria, CA. I live in Goleta, next to Santa Barbara. It is a 2014 R1200GSA with 11,700 miles, in minty condition. It's fully loaded with all of the options. I parted with my venerable and much trusted 2005 V Strom at 100,000 miles (sad) and took off with the GSA. I got a very good deal on it. Actually I couldn't afford not to buy it. My wife recommended that I buy it!

It has taken some getting used to. I'm tall and the bike does not fit me very well. I did a ride in at Bill Mayer saddles and had the painful seat customized. I live close to their location. Now I need to lower the pegs and an increase the angle of the windshield. The stock windshield shoots the air directly into my throat. I've added an adjustable deflector, it helps allot. Once I get this thing to fit me, all will be good. I also had to remove the pillion seat. It crowds me, I need to position my butt farther back than the pillion will allow. I need a cover for that space with a plate. And I need good lowering pegs. My leg position is cramped. Any ideas are welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum strat.
It's not often you hear someone say they're too tall for a GSA :)

Corbin Smuggler

Looks good :thumb
If you could, would like to see more pics of the Corbin Smuggler and with the lid open. Looks like a good setup.

Inside the smuggler.

Attachments

• 20190801_115033 (2).jpg
    20190801_115033 (2).jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 20190801_115017 (2).jpg
    20190801_115017 (2).jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 2019_868_Tx1.jpg
    2019_868_Tx1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
New to me 2016

Hard to believe a bike this nice had only 3800 miles on it after 3 years, but that is now my good fortune. I have owned every generation of the RT except the R1100. Upgraded the 2010 (great bike, crossed the country twice) to this. Added EZCan, driving lights, and Givi top case lights. So far so good...

20200412_100139.jpg

Hard to believe a bike this nice had only 3800 miles on it after 3 years, but that is now my good fortune.

That is high mileage because the car I was looking at was 3 years and 1 month old and it had 98 miles on it. Go figure! I snapped it up.

2017 rtw

Picked up in Gilbert AZ, trailered home with 7800 miles.
Now 1 year later showing just over 20K

Round trip to Washington, DC with the Run for the Wall group.
And round trip to firefighters memorial wall in Colorado Springs, Co. We put 2 names on the wall from Long Beach Fire Dept

IMG_2502 (2).JPG

Russell Day Long is huge improvement

e9ce036e51c093d6d2e1eb2e3b980795.jpg

e8c9162ae0f9a8d8d4db594a4f302c40.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back