• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Wethead

I think that seat looks okay on the darker color ones, but it would not go well with the Mars Red Metallic (if possible to order.) Originally, Laura and I were leaning toward the Sparkling Storm Metallic color until I mentioned the $1800 price addition. I am sure appreciating the color we decided to go with.

I think that seat looks okay on the darker color ones, but it would not go well with the Mars Red Metallic (if possible to order.) Originally, Laura and I were leaning toward the Sparkling Storm Metallic color until I mentioned the $1800 price addition. I am sure appreciating the color we decided to go with.

Ironically everyone I know who paid the extra (like $500) for the brown "719 Seat" has gotten an aftermarket seat. :dunno

Ironically everyone I know who paid the extra (like $500) for the brown "719 Seat" has gotten an aftermarket seat. :dunno

I am replacing my 719 stock tan saddles with RDL saddles -- also tan. So here is one "everyone" who likes the tan saddles and will not get black aftermarket seats.

My San Marino blue RT has lovely black RDL saddles, although gray also would have worked well. There are colors other than black that work for saddles.

Russell-saddles.jpg

https://day-long.com/gallery/bmw/

I am replacing my 719 stock tan saddles with RDL saddles -- also tan. So here is one "everyone" who likes the tan saddles and will not get black aftermarket seats.

My San Marino blue RT has lovely black RDL saddles, although gray also would have worked well. There are colors other than black that work for saddles.

Russell-saddles.jpg

https://day-long.com/gallery/bmw/

Understand ... my point was that you paid up for the "tan" 719 seat. You could have saved the $500+ and gotten a black set and spent the same $$ on making it a tan Russell. The 719 features are al a carte so you add the 719 options you want ... paint, seat, wheels, etc.

But to each his or her own.

My Tail of the Dragon stint on the way to the Lebanon, TN Rally.
Picked the bike up from the dealer with 11km on it (7 miles), rode it home and then stated my circuitous Rally journey with it. Finished the trip with 8,500km (5,000+ miles).
Tail of the Dragon 2019-06-09 b2.jpg

My Tail of the Dragon stint on the way to the Lebanon, TN Rally.
Picked the bike up from the dealer with 11km on it (7 miles), rode it home and then stated my circuitous Rally journey with it. Finished the trip with 8,500km (5,000+ miles).
View attachment 74708

That looks awesome. I am one who prefers the grey nose on the Mars Red bike. It reduces visual mass and makes the bike look sportier. I tend to go with Jeff's thoughts on the blue one though.

That looks awesome. I am one who prefers the grey nose on the Mars Red bike. It reduces visual mass and makes the bike look sportier. I tend to go with Jeff's thoughts on the blue one though.
That's what is nice about having those choices.

+1 Absolutely the gray nose on the Mars Red. It looks great with the gray graphics.

My 'new' Helga the Schnellpanzer 2.0

After having the front wheel fall off my old GS (literally) it's time for a new ride.

Will grab better pics later but this should give you the idea of the color scheme (not mine BTW).

Helga 2.0.jpg

Dinner in Columbia, TN

Stopped at Puckett’s for dinner in Columbia before hitting the Summer NAMM show in Nashville. 75CE9B1C-EB10-426F-841B-189688FBDFA8.jpg

Attachments

• 2F220FFA-B936-4562-A2C7-CC13980C57F8.jpg
    2F220FFA-B936-4562-A2C7-CC13980C57F8.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 498
2016 R1200RS in Kingman, AZ

Since the late 90s Wanda and I have ridden to Death Valley in January. On the way, there is a lot of paved Route 66 that can be ridden on.

This picture was taken on our way to Laughlin and Death Valley.

03 Route 66 Kingman Arizona.jpg

New RS Owner

Bought the new RS in blue a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. Had the dealer put on head guards and bought the OEM luggage. I'll be customizing it some more over the winter.

My new R1250 RT. My wife let me buy it on her birthday. All she got was a dinner. What a Saint!!!

20190719_180030_HDR_resized.jpg

2019 R 1250 RT bought in mid September, but I didn't ride it till early this month due to 3 week BDR trip.

198347D3-24C0-4EDF-9EF1-D125BA180970.jpeg
149816F9-1C2A-4FD2-A9BC-832E69BB86BD.jpeg

Back