• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cardo G9

I bought my with in the last few months off of someplace on Amazon.com. Really like it and would by another if needed. The only word of caution I have is if you by one off Ebay or Amazon make sure who you use are a authorized dealer for Scala and I would check who ever you by from if you need and warranty for it.

Here is something I like about mine, that some may not know. If your riding along and you get a phone call, you do not have do a thing except say hello. Sometimes it takes two hellos, but it works great. And if you have your boom set up properly, often the other party has no idea your riding a motorcycle and when you tell them they are amazed. Happened to me this morning, again. And when the phone call was over, the G9 went right back to playing the my amazon mp3 player on my Samsung S3.

I did mount my G9 a bit differently on my Schubert than what Scala Rider does. If your interested, take a look at this video I put together about the 3M VHB? tape: http://youtu.be/cQwfvsTo91I

Don't have a G9 but do have a handfull of teamrider and Q2 units as well as Sena. Althought Cardo claims to have great interfaces and easy usablilty, I have found that not to be the case compared to my Sena units. I recently had to replace my Teamset driver unit and checked their web site - they claim the Q2 is compatible with the teamsets.....not so much. It appears they selectively obsolete their equipment and it is not until you get the owners manual that you find out their units are only selectively compatible. The Q2 can only match with the teamset driver, not the passenger unit. No help from customer service either as I called them to verify compatibility prior to my purchase. Just FYI
Usability with gloves on is much better with my Sena than Cardo.

Back