• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Police officer pursuit on BMW

I admire the training and teamwork involved in capturing the perp. Even more outstanding is the self control of the officers in not even considering pounding the stuffing out of that idiot for putting so many peoples lives at risk! Darn camera...

From a practical point of view the highside mount/dismount is also very helpful to those vertically challenged folks with tall bikes. Mount up and dismount like a horse and you will not have to do the one-leg dance and scratch up side cases.

Rob: See if your wife can mount from the left side by stepping up on the peg or whatever with her left foot and mounting the bike like it is a horse. It will be much easier. That also works quite well, and I use it all the time on the RT, and for sure on GSA bikes.

Excellent video and quite riveting to watch. To the above point: My wife, Mary, is a 4'11" co-pilot and we have a '92 K1100LT. A long reach for this lady! Cure: mounted a cruise peg on left side, half way up the frame, and she basically does a two-step walk up the side from foot peg to cruise peg aaaaaaand over. - Bob

Interesting!

Nice Vid, and kudos to the officer/rider. It's reasonably well known that, even if you MIGHT outrun a car or bike, you'll never outrun a radio. Unlike some posters, I'm not much of one for advocating either beating up on, or taking civil rights away from people.

For point A, it IS the 21st century. Cops beating people up unnecessarily is SO 1973. It really is NOT their job. Kudos to these guys for doing their job well and acting professionally.

To address point B- rights... While I couldn't agree more that there are many problems with the American Judicial System, none of them are going to be solved by stripping US citizens of OUR civil (and other) rights.
Just remember these rights serve YOU TOO. The fact of Civil Rights is one of THE primary differences between the USA and many other countries. It is the very foundation upon which this great nation was built. To suggest that civil rights are not deserved.... Or needed?
Well. Maybe someone who holds himself to the absolute letter of every single law on the books can afford to be so careless as to think they don't need, and will never need their rights... But I doubt very seriously if that person exists in the real world.

Anyway, thanks for posting that video!

Nice Vid, and kudos to the officer/rider. It's reasonably well known that, even if you MIGHT outrun a car or bike, you'll never outrun a radio. Unlike some posters, I'm not much of one for advocating either beating up on, or taking civil rights away from people.

For point A, it IS the 21st century. Cops beating people up unnecessarily is SO 1973. It really is NOT their job. Kudos to these guys for doing their job well and acting professionally.

To address point B- rights... While I couldn't agree more that there are many problems with the American Judicial System, none of them are going to be solved by stripping US citizens of OUR civil (and other) rights.
Just remember these rights serve YOU TOO. The fact of Civil Rights is one of THE primary differences between the USA and many other countries. It is the very foundation upon which this great nation was built. To suggest that civil rights are not deserved.... Or needed?
Well. Maybe someone who holds himself to the absolute letter of every single law on the books can afford to be so careless as to think they don't need, and will never need their rights... But I doubt very seriously if that person exists in the real world.

Anyway, thanks for posting that video!

There's a difference between rights and law. Just saying. May be it's better to say that we act according to our own will, limited only by the same and therefore equal rights of others and not according to the tyrant's will, which can be law. Someone said something like this before and they understood liberty better than most of us.

There's a difference between rights and law. Just saying. May be it's better to say that we act according to our own will, limited only by the same and therefore equal rights of others and not according to the tyrant's will, which can be law. Someone said something like this before and they understood liberty better than most of us.

I'm OK with that- but still not OK with the police beating up on people, or with denying U.S. citizens the premise of civil rights held forth within the U.S. Constitution.
Just Saying.
:usa

I'm surprised that he didn't, at several points such as stop signs, hit reverse and ram his back bumper into the cop's bike. That would have disabled the bike and he'd have a good chance of getting away. Glad he didn't, and was caught. Must be something going on there, like a stolen car or outstanding warrants, etc.

It probably has something to do with the difference between a hefty fine, loss of license and perhaps a short stint in county lock up, and an almost guaranteed quite lengthy prison sentence.

Police are trained to show restraint as they should be

There is nothing worse than people employed to protect our rights and then abusing them

/ mod hat on /

Folks, this is just a thread about a cool chase video with a motor officer on his BMW. Let's keep it along those lines, and not drift into some of these side issues. This is not the place for that.

Thanks!

/ mod hat off /

Bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do when they come for you?

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

The guy on the motor can ride.

Harry

Back