• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

another rs handlebar question - 91 k100rs

2slow

I've got a 91 k100rs and was looking for a set of handlebars that will give me a more upright riding position however I don't want to change my cables or brake line I've heard the k75c or the k75s or the bars off of a naked k work good which one will I need without changing the cables thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
2slow (real name?)

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46057

I'm adding that info to your thread title in the hopes someone with model/year specific info will open the thread and offer some advice. Please add that info yourself in future posts to the tech forums.

And C bars should work without lengthening anything, and will give you the more upright riding position.

I needed a c-type dash-pad and longer brake line with the c-bars. I went back my original s bars with bar backs, nicer esthetically and made a world of difference comfy-wise for me.

The CORRECT bar backs are by far the easiest solution.

You don't have to pull your switch gear and grips off (and risk breaking the wires to your heated grips.

The dash pad fits correctly on 2V Ks, so you don't have to buy a different pad or cobble a mount for it (evidently, because of the location of th ignition switch on the 4V bikes, the dash pad needs to be trimmed. I don't know what that looks like).

You don't have to buy different bars.

Installation time is 15 minutes vs a few hours. AND it's quickly and easily reversable.

The ones that I recommend are made specifically for early BMW K bikes by A&S Cycles (major BMW dealership in the Sacramento area.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1349

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Back