• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tires @ trackday

B

blackbird

Does anyone know if the trackday group will be selling street tires for OUR trackday or just the tires they carry on their website. I've tried to get hold of them BUT no reply to both phone and emails

Tire recommendation

As a loosely related follow-up question to past track day participants:

What tires should I run for track day?

Normally, I'd have a touring setup (Metzler 880/88 in my case, but TYPE is more important than brand for this discussion) so should I run my "normal" tires for track day to see how they feel, and learn how they perform?

Or, should I switch to a softer tire, because I know I will be asking for more traction that I would on any public road?

Restated:
Should I run what I normally use, or go softer for track day?

tire changes

Blackbird
any luck with the track day hosts? I am sure that I will be in need of a new rear by the time I get to mid-Ohio. Can we bring our own and have them mounted? inquiring minds want to know.

Tire Sevice

I talked to Bonnie @ Sportbike track time and she said that there will be no tire service @ the track. So it looks like tire irons and headlamps in the campground parking lot.

Back