• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Falcone Powersports / Indianapolis Bmw stinks !!

Bmwgs94

Has any one besides me and 5 of my BMW riding friends had problems with these guys ? Please post up comments and then I'll tell you my problem with them !

What about explaining what issues you've had, and your five fellow riders have had?

Well I had dumped my bike back last year , bought it used from some one that knew about BMW's , he added in the turn signal area some extra lights I call park or marker lights . When the took off damaged parts they cut the wire on these lights and and the stopped working . " My fault for trusting them to have fixed them right , so I didn't check them .. Thought bulb was blown so took the lens cover off and low and behold they cut out that extra light and didn't replace the socket . So they came up where I live and picked up the bike , had it for 2 weeks and when I called down to ask them why it was taking so long , Jeff the service manage told me he needed that socket from the wrecked part and wanted me to mail it to him .. It's a $2.00 to $3.00 part go buy it at the part store and I'll pay ya back .. That was to easy to go buy , so I took it down and waited for bike to get fixed .. Picked it back up that same day. My fault again for not checking it so back home I came and found out it was still messed up .. This time they wired it up wrong !!!!! Dumbass can you say ? so they came back up and tried a light bulb which blew as soon as they put it in . They took it back to Indy and got it right FINALLY !!! My buddies either had similar problems with electrical problems or service problems of all kinds .. So they all bought new bikes and none were BMW's .. I don't blame them at all .... So there you have it in a nut shell !!! 35 + year mechanic +simple fix it = Dumbass service tech and service manager !!!

Sounds like they messed around abit, but at the same time you acknowledged that you made some errors as well. You are correct they 'should have fixed it correctly the first time'. But from personal experience when BMW tech works on 'non-standard or modified' equipment on my bike --- i make it a point to check it before leaving the dealership. Shouldn't have to, but like you, I don't like making multiple trips to dealerships for the same issue.

Another side of this is with the limted number of dealers--- you've got to find a way to make it work. Be very specific in what you want done, give it to them in writting if necessary, and check the work before driving off. If you do find something amiss, then they will undoubtedly fix it on the spot so you don't have the second trip.

I have the luxury of a couple of dealers not far from me, I've done business with both at one time or another. I have my favorite, they will never know which one that is. Both have more business than they can handle----2-4 weeks lead time for routine service appointments.....that's another thread somewhere..

Good luck with improving the relationship with Indy.

I limped into Falcone Motorsports in Indy on my way to the Johnson City Rally. Rear brake disc ate thru the speedo cable (improperly secured after last dealer-change of the FD fluid). First class service - Jeff diagnosed the problem over the phone, over-nighted the needed parts, recommended a nice area for a motel for the night and had a service rack ready and waiting for me the next morning, bright and early.

Couple of hours later - back on the road to the national rally.

Thought they were a class act. Repair was correct the first time.

Sorry your experience was so bad.

Sounds like they messed around abit, but at the same time you acknowledged that you made some errors as well. You are correct they 'should have fixed it correctly the first time'. But from personal experience when BMW tech works on 'non-standard or modified' equipment on my bike --- i make it a point to check it before leaving the dealership. Shouldn't have to, but like you, I don't like making multiple trips to dealerships for the same issue.

Another side of this is with the limted number of dealers--- you've got to find a way to make it work. Be very specific in what you want done, give it to them in writting if necessary, and check the work before driving off. If you do find something amiss, then they will undoubtedly fix it on the spot so you don't have the second trip.

I have the luxury of a couple of dealers not far from me, I've done business with both at one time or another. I have my favorite, they will never know which one that is. Both have more business than they can handle----2-4 weeks lead time for routine service appointments.....that's another thread somewhere..

Good luck with improving the relationship with Indy.

One other detail I forgot : When they did the accident quote and was suppose to buy an upper panel new for my bike and I called down and ask them to save old parts that might be salvageable the female that works in there ( Shannon I do believe her name is ) told me no problem . 2 days later Jeff called and told me they did not order the upper panel because they bodyshop tech could not match the other side because of paint fade ! So they repaired it ! Yes I did get the difference back that it cost to fix and paint the part but why charge my insurance company the $1800 for a new part then never buy and replace it ? Kinda shaded if you ask me ! Okay no I am done bitching about them .. Won't go back that's for sure .. Chicago will get my business from now on

I have a number of aftermarket/accessory electrical add-ons on several of our motorcycles. I know exactly what I did and why, such as where I tapped for the Motolights, where I tapped for a volt meter, where I installed a switch to kill the low beam "always on" headlight, where I put a switch to kill the GPS circuit, etc. I would never expect a dealer tech, with or without a wiring diagram to figure that all out. Even though it was all done neatly and cleverly with distinct purpose, an outsider would look at that stuff and declare it a mess.

And the plot thickens !!! More problems just building now .. Front fork seal and front brake line is leaking very bad and so I thought there needs to be an investigation !!! So I took brake line off and dust cover off front fork and took them to a well known criminal investigation expert to see if he can left any kind of prints off the parts that are leaking .. Found pin hole in each of these parts and still waiting to see who's prints on the parts .. He did find 3 wonderful finger prints on the parts and we shall see who the person or person's are that messed with my bike .. Criminal charges will be filled if I find the person who did this and I have a real good idea who's they are !!!!!! Will let you know what I find out !!

And the plot thickens !!! More problems just building now .. Front fork seal and front brake line is leaking very bad and so I thought there needs to be an investigation !!! So I took brake line off and dust cover off front fork and took them to a well known criminal investigation expert to see if he can left any kind of prints off the parts that are leaking .. Found pin hole in each of these parts and still waiting to see who's prints on the parts .. He did find 3 wonderful finger prints on the parts and we shall see who the person or person's are that messed with my bike .. Criminal charges will be filled if I find the person who did this and I have a real good idea who's they are !!!!!! Will let you know what I find out !!

I came across this old thread by accident...My God Man...the suspense is killing me....this could be at the Appellate court level by now...any updates??? :dunno :brad :brad :brad

Can you say jail?

One other detail I forgot : When they did the accident quote and was suppose to buy an upper panel new for my bike and I called down and ask them to save old parts that might be salvageable the female that works in there ( Shannon I do believe her name is ) told me no problem . 2 days later Jeff called and told me they did not order the upper panel because they bodyshop tech could not match the other side because of paint fade ! So they repaired it ! Yes I did get the difference back that it cost to fix and paint the part but why charge my insurance company the $1800 for a new part then never buy and replace it ? Kinda shaded if you ask me ! Okay no I am done bitching about them .. Won't go back that's for sure .. Chicago will get my business from now on

If they charged insurance company for a new part and then fixed the old part, that is serious business. They call it fraud, and can be charged criminally. I guess I am lucky. My BMW is 34 years old, and the dealer won't work on it. The good news is all I need is parts.

Falcone Powersports

I bought my 98 K1200rs from them. The service has always been perfect. I have put 24K miles on bike and thus 4 service/inspections. They have added many farkles for me, Clearwater lights, Steibel air horn etc. Last Tues I stopped in to ask where the fuse on the air horn had been placed as the horn stopped working...feared I might need new horn, not fuse. Phil (the now 38 year BMW tech) took bike to shop and brought it back 20 mins. later. He told me the fuse had failed and that many other items shared the same fuse and that he had tested all items working at same time and fuse did not fail. I asked him what the bill was and he said "no charge, go ride." I now have 500 more miles on bike and horn and everything still works. I love those guys. John Cannon

Great guys

I am new here and this is an older post but I would like to say that the guys at Falcone have always been a class act for me. Bought my bike there and they have bent over backwards to always be friendly and helpful in any way. Sorry you had problems, I have had nothing but an exceptional experience with them.

I'm surprised they agreed to work on any aftermarket owner installed lights.

And the OP's story about fingerprints has me thinking he's trolling us.

I am new here and this is an older post but I would like to say that the guys at Falcone have always been a class act for me. Bought my bike there and they have bent over backwards to always be friendly and helpful in any way. Sorry you had problems, I have had nothing but an exceptional experience with them.

As I posted earlier, I too had a great experience with this dealership, from top to bottom.

Relax - I think you picked someone good to deal with. :thumb

Good people

I've bought 4 bikes from them (2 Triumphs, 2 BMWs), used their service, bought parts, etc. In all cases, I was very happy with how things worked out. The manufacturers at times were not wonderful, but even then, Falcone worked to minimize my pain with loaners and free bike pick up.

Awesome Service @ Falcones

I had a no-spark electrical issue on my R1150R and just could not track it down. I called Nick (service manager I think) and he was very helpful, set an appointment, took the bike in and completed when promised at a VERY reasonable rate (I know...hard to believe!). Before I loaded the bike, he showed me the exact wire repaired and explained the repair. I would take my bike back to them in a heart beat as the work was professionally completed and Nick was a great guy to work with!

I rode my R90s to a vintage rally once and this beautiful brunette came over to talk and ask me questions about the bike. Riding home later that day, Sophia Loren on my mind, I noticed some fingerprints (very small and delicate I might add) on the fairing screen. Since I didn't get her phone number, I'm thinking of putting Columbo on the case.

Back