Thread: New glarus gathering 2017

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar

New glarus gathering 2017

For those hardy folks who may be looking for something to do over this winter, announcing the 2017 New Glarus Gathering, during the season of poor riding. February 3,4,5, based out of the Chalet Landhaus in New Glarus, Wisconsin. There are things to do within walking distance in the town, or other things worth exploring for the more adventurous, such as breweries, wineries, cheese houses. We usually gather on Friday afternoon in the lobby of the Chalet and socialize while folks arrive. Most everybody brings stuff to share, whether it be libations or comestibles (drinks or snacks). Then we usually walk up the road about two block for dinner and live POLKA. After dinner it's open. The Chalet has a heated pool and hot tub for those interested. The lobby has seating and a fireplace.

Saturday starts after breakfast and usually entails exploring. We gather back in the afternoon, tell stories, then decide what to do for dinner. Sunday morning, breakfast, then good-bye's and head home. That is about as structured as it gets.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep
    MOA Biergarten co-chair

New Job, second shift. It seems that the earliest I could arrive would be around supper time on saturday. It looks like I will have to skip this year's festivities. So Sorry.
    1973 R75/5

On my calendar.. The worst that could happen is I end up in Puemples playing Euchre, drinking Hamms on tap, and eating limburger.. I haven't done that since Black Friday..
    2005 R1200GS
    1985 R80
    1980 R65
    BMWMOA Life Member

I am heavily considering this. Deciding who to bring this year.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

We are in, Jeff & Mary