• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tires - Where to buy & mount in Dayton, OH?

R

Random

I need to replace the rear tire on my '96 GS. The nearest BMW dealer is in Columbus. I can have buy and have a tire mounted in Springfield at Competition Accessories. Does anyone in the Dayton, OH area have other suggestions?

Note: Maybe you can but mount your own tires but, I can not.

I've used Tires Unlimited up on Wadsworth Rd by Needmore and 75. They had Metzlers in my size, but may just mount your tires if you buy elsewhere. I took the wheel off the bike myself, not sure if they do that or not. No complaints, usually get you in and out in half an hour.

Their website has not worked lately???

I called their listed number and it was answered by Auto Tech Unlimited. They do sell and mount tires, including motorcycle tires. I was told it would take a couple of days to get the Metzler NEXT $262 and $30 to mount off the bike and $85 if I brought the bike in.

Comp A wants $242 for the tire and $128 to mount.

So, what's the process for taking the rear tire off the bike? I need to lube the splines when I remount? With what?

So, what's the process for taking the rear tire off the bike? I need to lube the splines when I remount? With what?
Might want to try posting over in the oilhead section. I started buying tires online and mounting them myself years ago to save some $$$.

I need to replace the rear tire on my '96 GS. The nearest BMW dealer is in Columbus. I can have buy and have a tire mounted in Springfield at Competition Accessories. Does anyone in the Dayton, OH area have other suggestions?

Note: Maybe you can but mount your own tires but, I can not.

Try Sporttour.com. They are based off rt 4 in Cincinnati just south of the 275 loop. I was there a few weeks ago and looked at some tires. They have a onsite warehouse with I would guess a k of tires in stock. They also will mount and balance on site. Their prices are very competitive and selection is great.
Seemed to be a good group. I will use them next time.

Try Sporttour.com. They are based off rt 4 in Cincinnati just south of the 275 loop. I was there a few weeks ago and looked at some tires. They have a onsite warehouse with I would guess a k of tires in stock. They also will mount and balance on site. Their prices are very competitive and selection is great.
Seemed to be a good group. I will use them next time.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Back