• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pontiac Ill campout in Sept.

nardowell

Nardowell
The Dinky Dozen club #84 will be hosting a campout on Sept 20 and 21, 2013 at the Pontiac IL 4-H campgrounds.
This 4-H park has lots of mature trees and grassy areas to camp in. The town of Pontiac has a great route 66 museum, a Pontiac car museum and a war museum. It also has many good places to eat. Come and hang out with fellow beemer folks in the nice September weather.

Here is the location:
Livingston County 4H Park
18142 4H Park Road
Pontiac, IL 61764
GPS: 40.892105,-88.664732
Visit us at: http://www.facebook.com/DinkyDozen

public contact: dinkydozen@gmail.com

Sneaky Good

You're riding along and you're thinking, they're having a rally, here?
And then you turn into this little grove of trees.
Really nice little rally.
You have to make it, you just have to.
One of my favs

Here is Pontiac's visitor website.

http://www.pontiac.org/index.aspx?NID=9

The route 66 museum is a great place to take a picture of your bike under the big route 66 sign.
Their courthouse is restored and open to public now. (I wonder what the court room where I once appeared looks like.)
I wonder if the draft board is still there--I could tell them how much I enjoyed their all expense paid trip to Vietnam they gave me.

In spite of the memories, I do enjoy my visits to Pontiac.:brow

Nardowell

MOA magazine wrong date

The MOA magazine posted the dates in October as does the MOA calendar....WRONG!!!
Sept is the UN- Rally and I will be there!!!!:scratch

Last edited:
The Dinky Dozen club #84 will be hosting a campout on Sept 20 and 21, 2013 at the Pontiac IL 4-H campgrounds.
This 4-H park has lots of mature trees and grassy areas to camp in. The town of Pontiac has a great route 66 museum, a Pontiac car museum and a war museum. It also has many good places to eat. Come and hang out with fellow beemer folks in the nice September weather.

Here is the location:
Livingston County 4H Park
18142 4H Park Road
Pontiac, IL 61764
GPS: 40.892105,-88.664732
Visit us at: http://www.facebook.com/DinkyDozen

public contact: dinkydozen@gmail.com

Looking at making the trek down to your rally, can I get in and camp on Friday evening?

thanks
Michigan

Yes--you can arrive Friday and set up camp.
We will have firewood available in case you need it.
There is a good Mexican restaurant about a 1/2 mile from the park and in Downtown Pontiac there is an Italian place that is great called Bernardes.
A good grocery store is 3 blocks west of the downtown square. It also carries adult beverages.

Don't forget the route 66 museum, the war museum in the same building and the Pontiac car museum on the square.

This looks like a good weekend. The /5 is smiling at the thought of getting loaded up for a campout. This looks very doable and hopefully the kid can get some miles on his R100 and join us.

There is a great photo op at the Route 66 museum in Pontiac.
This is in the parking lot at the north side of the museum.
pontiac 66 museum.jpg

My day job has switched to maximum overtime. Wouldn't it just suck canal water if I had to work on that saturday?

Also; the Iowa Airheads are having their camp-out and Concourse de Cornfield that same weekend.

Anybody wanna clone a few extra copies of me?

The MOA magazine posted the dates in October as does the MOA calendar....WRONG!!!
Sept is the UN- Rally and I will be there!!!!:scratch

ON still has the wrong date, the date is in fact Sept 20th - 22nd.

Please spread the word and join us if you can! :)

Good Job Dinks

Just got home from the Pontiac rally and had a great time. The Dinks did a great job, too bad the attendance was not huge. If you missed it, you missed a great fall gathering. The falling acorns were an added treat!!!

Back