• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going in for Surgery "Again"

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
Wish me luck!

Have to be in Toronto for 6:00 am Monday morning for 4th revision of left Knee due to an accident at work.

Man, I hate when it cuts into my riding time. There is still snow on the ground here in Southern Ontario but I know it will be warm in a few weeks. I expect to be riding again in 6 - 8 weeks.

Worst part is I have to spend my Birthday in the hospital!

Thanks for letting me rant!:banghead

Last edited:
More than once but what the hell is a "revision"?:brow

After they do the first artificial knee replacement any further surgeries to the same knee are called revisions.

Ist one was a half knee,
2nd was a revision to replace a worn plastic bearing,
3rd was a full knee replacement,
4th will be a full knee again to repair a loose lower section that was due to a fall at work.

Lots of luck.

Just follow the doc's orders and get all the pt, and you should be good to go in about 3 /4 wks.

Both knees replaced 5 yrs ago. % mos. after surgery rode to Gillette and back, 4200 miles in 2 wks.

Ouch

I been this route three times and I can attest to the prep double UGH!, however after watching this from my gurney while waiting both before my procedure and afterward I discovered that only the victim and the doctor change, the same nurses handle whoever is the next victim. I mentioned this to my doctor stating they (nurses) must get sick of looking at that part of the body every day, all day. His reply was; for the amount they get paid it makes it a lot easier.

Thank you all for wishing me luck!

To lighten things up a bit:

When I went in for several pre-op appointments I met with my aanaesthesiologist and he went over the minimal risks and we discussed several options available to me and when he finished he asked if I had any questions.

I said "I presume you went to school for this?"

He said "7 years past a Doctotate".

We had a good laugh, good thing he had a great sence of humour!

Hope to see all of you at a few rallies this year!

Everthing went really well!
18 days since surgery, off the crutches, got the staples out.
Walking with cane, getting stronger.
Hope to be riding in 4 - 6 weeks!

Back