Thread: Changing the sprockets on an F700GS 2013 any recommendations?

Changing the sprockets on an F700GS 2013 any recommendations?

I just bought a 2013 F700GS, love the ride, but was thinking about changing the gearing to get a little more low end torque. It has been recommended to change the front sprocket to a 16T....just looking for comments and feedback on others who may have made any changes to the gearing. I am not a heavy offroad rider, but used to own a F650 single that was like a billy goat. Feedback welcome C

wanderer
    There is a F800 blog....google it it has threads on this.

The F800GS comes used to come, maybe still does , with this front sprocket. So it is widely used ...and helps with better low speed/dirt power. The trade off is RPMs on the highway.

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I went the opposite on my 800gs, I don't do serious dirt so a little higher gearing fit me better.

Just so you know the results, you will increase your given RPM by a little more than 6%. So at a given gear/speed RPM would go from 4000 to 4250.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

I've done both on my 09 800gs. Gearing for more torque and RPM just seemed to make the bike really vibrate at higher highway speeds. I didn't notice any real difference in acceleration or pulling power on steep hills in the Cascades where I have been busy exploring the off road possibilities . I have gone back to the factory tooth numbers.
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100