• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member saying hello

F80ogt

:brow:waveLet us know about the GT. I sent you a PM . Did you get it? The forum was down for two weeks. I will be in Salem at the rally.:wave:wave

Eugene,
I now have over600 miles on the GT and with one exception (the windscreen) the bike is for me a joy to ride.
Light on its feet and easily maneuverable with enough power for everything but racing. Smooth transmission, comfortable saddle, (I got the upgraded comfort seat), 50 MPG, and decent ergos.
Why BMW did not at the very least offer an upgraded windscreen I will never understand so I will continue my search for a good solution to the wind issue but that is the only downside IMHO.
Mitchell

Eugene,
I now have over600 miles on the GT and with one exception (the windscreen) the bike is for me a joy to ride.
Light on its feet and easily maneuverable with enough power for everything but racing. Smooth transmission, comfortable saddle, (I got the upgraded comfort seat), 50 MPG, and decent ergos.
Why BMW did not at the very least offer an upgraded windscreen I will never understand so I will continue my search for a good solution to the wind issue but that is the only downside IMHO.
Mitchell

Yes, the one thing I am wondering about it the amount of protection that the windshield provides. I understand Cal Sci is prototyping something at this time so you might want to contact someone there for more information. Comfort really depends upon your height (torso length really). Good luck in your search for a shield solution and safe riding.

Welcome to the world of BMW motorcycles......from northern Ontario Canada.
I hope you are just as happy with your new ride as I have been with mine. I had a 1994 GS and now own a 2005 GS and have been happy with both. Like any bike, it seems like all bikes have good points and not so good points. But with your new BMW , I think the good points will by far outweigh the not not so good ones.
Enjoy.....Happy Trails..
Rob.

Eugene,
Mitchell

You might try madstad, cal-sci or parabellum . I KNOW Madsted is reserching now.;)

New Member from St. Louis, Missouri

Hi, greetings from the west coast.
Good evening!
Thanks for the MOA. I'm a new member and glad to be in communication.
Long story short is that I was a motorcyclist for twenty plus years and stopped while raising young children. Used to be an MSF Instructor and rode year round in all weather. Then no motorcycling, but lots of bicycling.
Fast forward to the present. With very positive encouragement from my lovely wife, I bought a beautiful '04 R1150RT in March. Black, nicely equipped and only 22k miles. Never had a BMW before but always lusted...
You know the rest. It's a fine machine and loves to stretch it's legs in the rolling hills of Missouri.
6th gear, sweetheart on the back. I am a lucky boy!
Other end of the spectrum: I'm pleased with the smooth 1st gear low speed handling. With adequate counter weighting it can maneuver nimbly.
Preaching to the choir here!
Ride safe. Smile a lot.
Regards,
Chris

Congrats!

Congrats! You're gonna love your new bike! Haven't ridden one, but they sure are gorgeous and well thought out. I can't imagine any response but pure satisfaction. Let is know how you love it!

Chris, from St. Louis

Back