• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is This The Next -- Liquid-Cooled -- RT?

It looks like the artist's rendition was not that far off.

148456407.jpg

Not unlike the new GS, it's not much of a departure from the current look. That's ok with me, I kinda like the current RT.

Last edited:
The "artist's rendition" is nowhere close to the actual fairing shape. Look close and you can see the GTL style headlights on the bike on the left in the pic. Also, look how FAR ahead of the front axle centerline the fiaring nose extends! Much further ahead than on the current RT and much further ahead than on the rendition.

I like the rest though, the low muffler on the right, full size RH bag. I have never understood BMW's insistence at the high mufflers that reduce the bag size on anything other than the RS, LT, GTL, GT or RT chassis.

I sat on the new GS this past Saturday and was surprised at the wide open area around the footpegs now that the throttle bodies are on top of the cylinders. I wonder if that means on the RT the footpegs will have option to move fore and aft in adjustment for those of us needing less knee bend when riding. Could be a nice feature.

The "artist's rendition" is nowhere close to the actual fairing shape. Look close and you can see the GTL style headlights on the bike on the left in the pic. Also, look how FAR ahead of the front axle centerline the fiaring nose extends! Much further ahead than on the current RT and much further ahead than on the rendition.

The appearance of the nose extension is a combination of the wheel turned to the left and the rear biased angle of the picture.

148597977.jpg

The artist nailed this one just like he/she did with the new GS.

I've been ready to pull the trigger on the K16GT, but after riding the new GS and seeing the pictures of the new RT, I'll now have to wait until next spring to make my final decision. The new R motor is that good.

Perhaps, because the front view of the artists rendition does appear to feature the details evident in the frontal view of the test bikes.

Pretty hard to see the details with the dazzle-camo on the bikes (which is WHY the dazzle is on them to begin with). One thing looks pretty evident... ground clearance isn't an issue.

032113-2014-bmw-r1200rt-spy-pictures-zoomed-01.jpg

Really hoping that weight stays down on the new model. I think the GS gained 20lbs. That wouldn't be bad if the same happened to the RT.

Back