• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

"DriveSharp" Training?

ExGMan

I wonder if anyone else has tried this. My insurance company is USAA and they sent me a message asking if I'd like to try this. I also see that AAA has some relation to the company which makes/sells it. Here is the URL: https://www.drivesharp.com

I figured any kind of visual training has got to be good, so launched into it. FWIW, it's visual training which seems to attempt to expand peripheral vision. If you can, picture a cartoon truck preceding you down the road with watermelons falling out. Then you have to track those original melons as others fall out, and correctly identify the first 4, 5, or 6 (that's as far as I've gotten so far).

Anyway, it can be daunting and challenging, but I wonder if anyone here has completed the program and has an opinion about it?

TIA - JG

I wonder if anyone else has tried this. My insurance company is USAA and they sent me a message asking if I'd like to try this. I also see that AAA has some relation to the company which makes/sells it. Here is the URL: https://www.drivesharp.com

I figured any kind of visual training has got to be good, so launched into it. FWIW, it's visual training which seems to attempt to expand peripheral vision. If you can, picture a cartoon truck preceding you down the road with watermelons falling out. Then you have to track those original melons as others fall out, and correctly identify the first 4, 5, or 6 (that's as far as I've gotten so far).

Anyway, it can be daunting and challenging, but I wonder if anyone here has completed the program and has an opinion about it?

TIA - JG

This looks interesting. Can't seem to get any "trial" opportunity when I open the link. But will check with CAA if they know anything about this. Improved "seeing" is certainly a very important step first step in avoiding a crash - nobody disagrees about that. If there is a useful program to train yourself to see better, think I will sign up.

I've been trying this for a few lessons. "Humbling" is the best description. That said, it is training, so I guess I can expect to improve over time.

Back