• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hwy 138 from Quebec city to Natashquan ,, route Jacques Cartier,, any info.

ROBERTSI

Planning a trip at the end of June from northern ont. to Natashquan Queb. Any info?? Such as places of interest etc...
Rob.

I've been there a few times :)

From Saguenay take route 172 (north shore of Saguenay River). Stop for a coffee at Sainte-Rose-du-Nord village = amazing view!

You will reach Tadoussac village directly and this road is full of curves and more challenging then route 170 on the south shore. If you choose to take route 170 it'll lead you to route 138 East to Baie Sainte-Catherine. There is a ferry there (free of charge) to take you to Tadoussac every 15 or 30 minutes. The view of the Fjord is amazing.

After Tadoussac you will pass through some small villages like Les Bergeronnes, Les Escoumins and Longue Pointe. Stop in Longue Pointe to enjoy the nice sandy beach.

The last time I went to Manic dam, route 389 was full of bumps. I've heard the road should be repaved next summer (bring some Deepwoods stuff with you just in case you get stop somewhere!). Traffic there is mainly big trucks and a few tourists going to visit the dam. There are some bears too ;-)
http://www.hydroquebec.com/visit/cote_nord/manic-5.html

Not far from Baie-Comeau there is an historical lighthouse called ?Le Phare de Pointe des Monts?. It's a must see place! You can sleep in the lighthouse and there is also a restaurant where you can have a more than decent meal.
http://www.bonjourquebec.com/ca-en/...c-site/phare-de-pointe-des-monts_1173284.html

Sept-Iles is a city where you'll find anything you need.

Longue-Pointe-Minguan is very beautiful!

On the road you will cross a few salmon rivers but there not a lot of places to stop because the parking spots are made of sand... but with a GS you'll manage!
Havre Saint-Pierre is a cool place to stay. You can see whales and go for a visit to the Mingan Islands. Stay there at least 2-3 days. You can go to Natashaquan from there in one day if you want to and if the weather is cooperative. Go to the end of route 138 and take a picture! The road ends there! If you want to go further east, you'll have to take the boat!

This region is called Manicouagan and the one near Natasquan is called Duplessis. If you search on this link you'll be able to find info about lodging, restaurants, etc. There are a lot of B&B and small motels along the road as well. They are not all listed on the government site.
http://bqc.mapanswer.com/general.do...=&p_unit=KM&p_mailBannerId=14566041&p_mailto=

There is food and gas everywhere. You can buy fresh shrimps, Alaska crabs, smoked salmon and sea snails/whelk called ?bourgots?, everywhere along the road.

I hope this will help :)

Odile

If you decide to take the 389 to Manic Cinque, its about 200 kms and paved. Beyond that, if you push on further due to curiosity, it is all gravel.

manic cinque

If you decide to take the 389 to Manic Cinque, its about 200 kms and paved. Beyond that, if you push on further due to curiosity, it is all gravel.

I was thinking of riding north up through Fermont and Lab. city....but it will have to wait some other day when i have a bit more time and complete the whole loop up to newf. and around.
thanks for the info. greatly appreciated.
rob.

I've been there a few times :)

From Saguenay take route 172 (north shore of Saguenay River). Stop for a coffee at Sainte-Rose-du-Nord village = amazing view!

You will reach Tadoussac village directly and this road is full of curves and more challenging then route 170 on the south shore. If you choose to take route 170 it'll lead you to route 138 East to Baie Sainte-Catherine. There is a ferry there (free of charge) to take you to Tadoussac every 15 or 30 minutes. The view of the Fjord is amazing.

After Tadoussac you will pass through some small villages like Les Bergeronnes, Les Escoumins and Longue Pointe. Stop in Longue Pointe to enjoy the nice sandy beach.

The last time I went to Manic dam, route 389 was full of bumps. I've heard the road should be repaved next summer (bring some Deepwoods stuff with you just in case you get stop somewhere!). Traffic there is mainly big trucks and a few tourists going to visit the dam. There are some bears too ;-)
http://www.hydroquebec.com/visit/cote_nord/manic-5.html

Not far from Baie-Comeau there is an historical lighthouse called ?Le Phare de Pointe des Monts?. It's a must see place! You can sleep in the lighthouse and there is also a restaurant where you can have a more than decent meal.
http://www.bonjourquebec.com/ca-en/...c-site/phare-de-pointe-des-monts_1173284.html

Sept-Iles is a city where you'll find anything you need.

Longue-Pointe-Minguan is very beautiful!

On the road you will cross a few salmon rivers but there not a lot of places to stop because the parking spots are made of sand... but with a GS you'll manage!
Havre Saint-Pierre is a cool place to stay. You can see whales and go for a visit to the Mingan Islands. Stay there at least 2-3 days. You can go to Natashaquan from there in one day if you want to and if the weather is cooperative. Go to the end of route 138 and take a picture! The road ends there! If you want to go further east, you'll have to take the boat!

This region is called Manicouagan and the one near Natasquan is called Duplessis. If you search on this link you'll be able to find info about lodging, restaurants, etc. There are a lot of B&B and small motels along the road as well. They are not all listed on the government site.
http://bqc.mapanswer.com/general.do...=&p_unit=KM&p_mailBannerId=14566041&p_mailto=

There is food and gas everywhere. You can buy fresh shrimps, Alaska crabs, smoked salmon and sea snails/whelk called ?bourgots?, everywhere along the road.

I hope this will help :)

Odile

hi monoseat
Thank you for your response to my inquiries about my future bike trip to Natashquan. Looking forward to ride another part of your nice province.
I will keep in mind the information you have sent and hope to stop at a few points of interest that you mentionned. James bay last year and Natashquan this year. It does not get any better than that.
thanks and merci beaucoup.
safe riding......rob. robertsi

Back