• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aftermarket speakers for R1200RT

Good evening. I noticed that the stock speakers are not the greatest. Does anyone have any suggestions for some aftermarket speakers? Preferably ones that are a direct replacement to the factory speakers. Thanks, John :wave

+1 on the stock RT speakers leaving a lot to be desired... I am not aware of aftermarket replacements/upgrades, but I would be one of the first in line.

Email Bavarian Sound

I went on their web site and just posted as "do you make speakers for R120RT", if we get a few more riders asking them, perhaps they'll start.

--Chris Skor

Posts in other forums suggest that the speakers are 5.25". An aftermarket amplifier may help a great deal, too.

I don't have the radio or speakers and instead connect from an iPhone in the tank bag to a Fiio E5 amplifier to the audio plug on a Cardo Scala Rider headset. I use earplugs at the same time to cut down on wind noise (hence the need for the amplifier). I just located a Bluetooth remote that will allow volume and pause/play/skip function from Scosche (controlFREQ II). I might give that a try because I don't have any control now while riding other than turning off the headset. Sorry to be off-topic.

Cheers!

I am a big fan of JBL Marine speakers. Just put a pair of 4inch on my r11rt. I haven't looked but I feel certain they make a 5.25.

Back