• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Missing trunk mounting bracket

Jpony56hd

Took a ride this last weekend on my 93 K100RS. The wife didn't come so I removed the factory trunk. It's a quick disconect unit with a quarter turn D-Ring in the trunk base and a mounting plate on the factory tail section luggage rack. I never thought to see how the base plate was held in place. It appears that it just layed in there and the trunk pulled up on it clamping the whole mess to the luggage rack. Needless to say when I got back after about 100 miles the base plate was long gone. Any ideas on a place to get another base plate. The local dealers books don't go back that far.

Attachments

• vp2806722_2_large[1].jpg
    vp2806722_2_large[1].jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 62
Books? They don't use books. It's on their computer.

Your local dealer is just LAZY!

46 54 2 300 449 MOUNTING PLATE $37.00

:dance:dance:dance

Back