• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Part Values

A

AirHeader13

I am trying to price some parts I have for Airheads and want to know what some fellow riders would expect to pay. Im not looking for a sale, just some feedback on price! Thanks for any help!

R75/6 Engine (No electronics up front, 1 valve cover, lightened flywheel)
R90s Front End (has calipers)
R75/6 Frame
Rebuilt Transmission for the engine

Just for context...I bought a used transmission on line last year for $230. Ran okay, shifted a bit chunky.

I would think if it was rebuilt and unused, maybe $400-500.....

Used parts are all about demand/condition. Remember they are used and at best are worth a maximum of 50% of new and then things go down hill after that. Prices are always based on condition and demand, with demand being the most important and lastly what somebody will pay.

Also do you want to sell it, to free up funds for something else, or do you want to try and make money.

There are many aftermarket sites out there that can supply us with new (aftermarket parts ) cheaper than some folks want for their used parts. I'm not a purist and the bike isn't either.

I look at bikes as a hobby not a necessity, like golf or anything else, and spend my money accordingly.

Just for context...I bought a used transmission on line last year for $230. Ran okay, shifted a bit chunky.

I would think if it was rebuilt and unused, maybe $400-500.....

A rebuild, if done a reputable and known rebuild and all the replaced would run $600 plus. Personally I wouldn't buy a result transmission unless the rebuild was done by someone vetted by the airhead community. community. A poorly done rebuild, which includes one done by many BMW dealers are worthless.

Back