• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Scooter Raton Checking In!!!

SCOOTERRATON

Scooter Whisperer
SCOOTER RATON CHECKING IN!!!!!

Yesterday I picked up a 2013 C 650 GT Platinum Bronze!!!!! Only got about 111miles on it so far and need to break in. So far a very sweet ride!

I'm a bit of a scooter nut and the founder of Team Scooter Trash. I traded in an 07 Burgman 650 executive that I put over 37,000 miles on. I also have
1964 Vespa GS 160
1968 Vespa SS 180
1967 Vespa GT Rat (Ran in 2012 Scooter Cannonball Run)
1964 Vespa VBB
1964 Vespa GL (Project bike)
1979 Vespa P200E (Donor Bike)
06 Buddy 125 modified to 161cc
08 Buddy 125

Hope to be meeting some of you on the road!:wave

Last edited:
Thanks!

The 64 GS MK II is a survivor...all original, still has run in sticker...can't read it too faded, original speedo...can't read it too faded..and most importantly the original GS motor.

The 68 SS180 is a Concours ready and award winning restoration, down to the Lobo flywheel bolts and locking tabs. Took me a year and a half to find the correct tail light! Last year of the piston ported motors and only year with round head and tail lights...rare scooter. Some consider this the true last of the Vintage Vespas

The 67 GT is a screaming Rat bike. with an 83 P125 motor, heavily ported, malossi 166 cc top end, mazzuchelli cut racing crank, P200 tree, 23 tooth clutch, Dellorto 24/24 carp, custom expansion chamber etc. I smoke Harleys off the line with it all the time! :nyah It is the bike I rode for the 2012 Scooter Cannonball Run...Savannah Ga to San Diego CA in 8 days...no interstate.

The 06 Buddy 125 is Bocette's. Yeah...she has her own ...she doesn't always ride on back! I have opened the air box, put on a 161 top end, 26 carb and ncy pipe. it is a fast little scooter!

I know a lot of people don't really get scooters...that's OK...I love them! I have to say that coming from a Burgman 650 Ex so far (only 230 miles) I am VERY impressed with the C650GT

Which One?

OK...Running the 2012 CBR on the 67 Vespa GT in Texas clocked at 66 mph.

The Tail of The Dragon on the 67 Vespa GL

The New 2013 C650GT!

429184_10151413100439079_849456850_n.jpg

OK...Running the 2012 CBR on the 67 Vespa GT in Texas clocked at 66 mph.

The Tail of The Dragon on the 64 Vespa GL

Attachments

• Texas.jpg
    Texas.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Dragon.jpg
    Dragon.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
Back