• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

iPod, headphones and K1600GTL

tvgal2000

I love to lurk!
Not sure if this should be in the "Gear" section or the K1600 bike section but here it goes...

Just bought a K1600GTL and I don't really want to listen to stuff through the speakers (why bother everyone else around me with my listening choices?!) but I DO want to utilize the iPod connection that's built into the bike.

Is there some way I can hardwire my headphones into the audio system and bypass the built-in speakers? If so, is it possible for a complete noob about audio systems like me to actually do it myself??

Thanks in advance!

Sarah, I'm far from an expert on the subject, but I use my iPod on the GTL, run it through the built in sound system, and listen using the Sena bluetooth system. It works well, and allows me to hear music and the GPS, while maintaining intercom with my wife. There's a lot more information, including pairing information, over on the K1600 forum: K1600forum.com. Come on over and take a look.

Thanks Jason and Dan!

At least I now have a place to start! I've tried to find stuff on my own but haven't been successful until now!

Thanks again!

I use a Sony MW600 bluetooth receiver and plug my Etymotic er6i ear buds into them. It synchs easily and runs for eight hours or better on one charge. They also sound better than speakers at lower volumes and function as ear plugs.

Back