• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Touch up paint

Mine is a 2012 1200RT. I beleive this is the first year for that color. I tried RS Bike Paint <sales@rsbikepaint.co.uk> and they want a paint chip to match. Colorrite hasn't got to the 2012 yet.

Mine is a 2012 1200RT. I beleive this is the first year for that color. I tried RS Bike Paint <sales@rsbikepaint.co.uk> and they want a paint chip to match. Colorrite hasn't got to the 2012 yet.

www.holtbmw.com

They are a BMW and Glasurit dealer (OEM paint). They do custom paint work and know all the codes and can mix you touch up.

i will give them a shot. My local dealer says to look up STANDOX a European company that actually gives the formulas online. Alternative is to call the BMW automotive side and see if they can match.

Paint

Thanks for the info. I contacted the link provided. I want to match my valve covers to the red tank. Paint Code WN39.

I will post what happens.

David

Holt BMW will provide me with the touch up paint. However, 1.3 ouces will come in a half pint can because they actually mix it. A little expensive, $25.00 plus $10.00 shipping, but they have been my only source for my paint. Any stock touch up paint is much less. BMW tells me that they only supply a small amount of colors to the dealers because of federal hazmat regulations on shipping paints from Germany.
Anyone out there looking for 2012 RT models, Fluid Gray Metallic, the BMW paint code is M38.

Odd, I have found them to be excellent!

I thought it was odd also given their reputation. I know Havana Gold never was a popular color so maybe that is why they didn't have the code. I talked to Rick Jones here in AL (motorad electric) and he once worked for a BMW dealer back then and Rick said they painted them black to get them out of the dealership. I found that humorous because it really looks great in the sunlight.

Back