• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Latest BMW ON Magazine (April '13)

BenDiem

Greetings all,

Just a quick e-mail to mention that the latest BMW ON magazine (April 2013) is a real winner. I skimmed through it last night, but will really dig into it tomorrow morning, after a nice ride to one of my favorite breakfast/coffee stops.

There are several great articles to include a nice review of BMW Motorrad's 90th Anniversary, and a very interesting/thorough review of aftermarket seats for an RT. The photos of the different aftermarket seats is a nice touch. Well done/Thank you very much, Greenwald. :thumb

A few observations: I finally like the new MOA T-Shirt and the new MOA long sleeve T-Shirt, now that the rear of the shirt has the roundel, and also has BMW MOA inscribed on the back of the shirts. The first run of the new MOA shirts had a small plain MOA inscription on the top left front of the shirts. That was it, no more no less. :scratch That was ugly and boring.

The new inscripted shirts are very nice. I'll order a few today. A man true to his words, lol. I also appreciate a nice/thick magazine with great content. Well done MOA!

Spring is around the corner, and my RT will hit the pavement this weekend, for the first time since late last year...

All, pls keep the sunny side up, and pls remain vigilant for those crazy cagers that will not be used to seeing motorcycles, after a long cold winter. I plan to wear light/vibrant colored clothing and/or a neon safety vest this early Spring, so that I will be visible to the inattentive cagers...

Cheers/Best,

Bennie B. :german

Greetings all,

Just a quick e-mail to mention that the latest BMW ON magazine (April 2013) is a real winner. I skimmed through it last night, but will really dig into it tomorrow morning, after a nice ride to one of my favorite breakfast/coffee stops.

There are several great articles to include a nice review of BMW Motorrad's 90th Anniversary, and a very interesting/thorough review of aftermarket seats for an RT. The photos of the different aftermarket seats is a nice touch. Well done/Thank you very much, Greenwald. :thumb

A few observations: I finally like the new MOA T-Shirt and the new MOA long sleeve T-Shirt, now that the rear of the shirt has the roundel, and also has BMW MOA inscribed on the back of the shirts. The first run of the new MOA shirts had a small plain MOA inscription on the top left front of the shirts. That was it, no more no less. :scratch That was ugly and boring.

The new inscripted shirts are very nice. I'll order a few today. A man true to his words, lol. I also appreciate a nice/thick magazine with great content. Well done MOA!

Spring is around the corner, and my RT will hit the pavement this weekend, for the first time since late last year...

All, pls keep the sunny side up, and pls remain vigilant for those crazy cagers that will not be used to seeing motorcycles, after a long cold winter. I plan to wear light/vibrant colored clothing and/or a neon safety vest this early Spring, so that I will be visible to the inattentive cagers...

Cheers/Best,

Thanks for the kind words, Bennie. I would note that it was YOUR idea to me in Touring Tips that inspired that effort - a big thank you to YOU for your interest in what can make your BMW a better ride.

Also, a big 'shout out' to Karin Halker - she is the ON's art director and always does an outstanding job of dressing up the magazine to keep it 'top shelf' material month after month.

See you out on the road! :german

I also second that the magazine is top rate. My first magazine arrived sometime in 1985 or 1986, big changes have occurred over the years, keep up the good work. One point though, my wife and I were considering taking the Celtic Rider's tour after meeting the owners at last year's rally. Now, it looks like we will for sure.

Wayne

I just joined last week, think I'll receive the April issue? Darn, would really like to read that seat article. I rode my new RT home yesterday and got some butt burn. I think it's too soft and too squared off.

Is ON magazine available to members by some other means (electronically)?

Hey Bennie - I'm in Cincinnati too. Curious to know what your favorite coffee/breakfast shop is.

- Cliff

I just joined last week, think I'll receive the April issue? Darn, would really like to read that seat article. I rode my new RT home yesterday and got some butt burn. I think it's too soft and too squared off.

Sure, just click on the BMW Owners News link at the top of the page. Welcome to the forum. Gary

Welcome! Once you receive your BMWMOA Membership Number you can sign-in to the web site and access the BMW ON Online edition for the current month. (Most likely, you will probably receive the current printed issue as well!) Keep in mind you can also go back through several years of previous BMW ON editions. Read to your heart's content!

I hope you will look forward to meeting other MOA riders. Ride safe!

Don Flowers
Dahlonega, GA

magazine

I agree it's a great magazine but isnt' the latest edition is the March 2013 issue? I can't wait for the April edition to see how the mileage contest turned out. I'd also toss in a plug for the Russell Day Long seat, I rode out there last August, got my seat made that day, and have had pure riding bliss ever since. The new shirts do look very good.

Greetings all,

Cheers/Best,

I agree it's a great magazine but isnt' the latest edition the March 2013 issue?

^^^ I stand corrected, you are correct. Sorry for any confusion, members.! It's funny, all of my rag subscriptions run one month ahead w/the exception of BMWON, lol...

Tks/Cheers,

BB

Back