• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Windows Internet Explorer Causes a Trojan Virus

fastdogs2

Is anyone else getting a Trojan virus when signing on to the BMWMOA forum with Internet Explorer?

I was able to access the site without a virus warning with Google Chrome.

Should I uninstall Internet Explorer?

Bill

Bill,

I don't think you can uninstall Internet Explorer on a Windows machine. You can however just not use it and set Chrome (or Firefox) to be your default browser. I'm running Internet Explorer 10 on a Windows 8 computer with Microsoft Defender (Win 8 uses it instead of MSE) and don't get the warning.

Chris

Is anyone else getting a Trojan virus when signing on to the BMWMOA forum with Internet Explorer?

I was able to access the site without a virus warning with Google Chrome.

Should I uninstall Internet Explorer?

Bill
Hi Bill, we had some goofy crap yeaterday- http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?67035-Home-Page-Hijacked
take a peek and see if it relates to you and if it does, it should give you an idea of the goings on. I'll run a sweep later but so far my end looks clean.
Remember everybody- a good anti-virus is a must nowadays. OM

Using IE 10 and running MSE on Win 7 Ultimate, I get no virus warning.

Trojan Virus

Thanks for the replies. My HP computer has Windows Vista and Internet Exporer 8. I have Kapersky anti-virus and that is how I was alerted to the Trojan virus.

I will just use Google Chrome, even though it is not as straightforward as the standard Google. I don't get a virus warning with Google Chrome.

Bill

FYI...a unifying thing that people who have problems with a virus is that they run Kaspersky. I don't know why that makes a difference, but that's a common thing among various users with issues.

I'm back after being away for a few weeks.

I didn't get a trojan warning from Kaspersky this time...

Harry

Back