• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Replacement Pannier Doors-2012 K1600GT

andreb

I like the panniers on my K1600GT for most trips. But they make the bike very wide. Many times I don't need the capacity, but still like something lockable. BMW used to have "City Cases" or city case replacement lids for their older style panniers. The width and capacity is reduced, but for a trip to the office or work site, it is perfect. Does anyone know of anything available out there? A lid that that I can swap with the normal lids?

Last edited:
Several years ago, I wanted the black lids for my Vario cases. After several inquires, I was told that I had to buy the whole set and that BMW did not sell lids only.

That was for my 650GS and as I said, several years ago. Not sure if anything has changed or if this helps.

The parts fiche does not show a narrow lid option...maybe in the future as a police model like the RT-P had.

The cases have been redesigned again and the K16 has a one of a kind at this time.

The parts fiche does not show a narrow lid option...maybe in the future as a police model like the RT-P had.

The cases have been redesigned again and the K16 has a one of a kind at this time.

You sure this applies to the lids also? Sometimes bags do not interchange between models but lids do. I went through a lot of different opinions until I finally found out, that the RT topcase fits on the K1600 without a problem.

Henzilla, so the panniers on the K1600s are one of a kind? I thought they were common to the panniers available for the R1200 models, but I haven't looked closely. I remember someone used to make replacement lids in a shorter width for the R1200 Hexhead generation bikes.

They look similar to me, but pretty sure not the same. Looked at a buddies the other day and sure look a bit different.

None of the part numbers match between the cases I can find. You know "they" do this to keep us buying new stuff every few model years:banghead

The R1200RT-P does have thinner lids available. All of the police units have them that I have seen.

It's nice to know the top case mounting bracket is the same.

Back