• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Volunteers, we need you.

I'm also headed to Salem...:groovy..from VT....and I will get there a day or two ahead.....and then find where I might be needed....and for how long...joy

All Aboard...

The Rally shuttle moves the people but, the people don't move without Volunteers! This is a fun Committee as you meet lots of rally goers. And you get to see the entire Rally grounds as you Volunteer!

Volunteer

First, let me thank you for volunteering, there is no way we could be successful without members like yourself.
Having been in that same position myself, we would very much welcome your assistance in Awards. While it would be great if you had a bit of experience with (or understanding of) Google Maps, it is not mandatory. A friendly face and outlook are the best qualifications you could have. You would be inside (air conditioned and dry), with all the assistance and support you need. Just contact me directly and let us know when you would like to serve - since you are a volunteer we can easily work with whatever you desires might be.

Thank you for your support,

Don Hamblin
Awards Co-Chair,
41st Annual BMW MOA "Beemers, Bigfoot and Blue Skies" International Rally
www.bmwmoa.org
(816) 600-2475
Cell: (256) 479-5606
BMWScooter@att.net

So I when I first heard about volunteers needed I quickly started trying to volunteer. Everyone seemed excited but yet told me basically to wait till I got there and sign up then. I'm not sure if that was the best advice since now here I am with a week off, live in Roseburg Oregon, have a BMW, truck and am a professional in the medical field and not yet signed up for a volunteer responsibilities...

And my wife is interested too!

My opinion is that there should be obvious sign up sheets to put your name where you want.

Btw, i am still volunteering but just waiting till i get there.

If there IS an easier way I am all ears.

Three years ago, I broke my hip a week before the Redmond rally.

Barring any unforeseen mishaps, I would like to volunteer for anything that does not involve a lot of walking or lifting.

I will be available the entire week.

I had 3 shifts at Sedalia as a shuttle driver and would like to volunteer for similar duties at Salem. I will come to the Rally early (Tuesday/Wednesday) and would be available to help with set-up or registration. My e-mail is rogerbump@comcast.net

RIDE SAFE

Committee Chairs

I've been a Committe Chair for it seems like forever! I've never heard of any set rules other than the Volunteer booth asigning spots as needed.
Well, I figured out a long time ago, that there are never enough Volunteers to go around. So I figured that, as a Committe chair, I'd take the responsibility of finding my own Volunteers from the people that I know and are going to be at the Rally.
Must be my special gift of tact and diplomacy since I have my schedule locked in before I leave home. We all have fun and noone has to volunteer for more than two hours. Any excess Volunteers that I have are directed to the Volunteer booth.

Salem

Brisco, sorry for the late reply......Yes, I've decided on heading up through Nebraska, North from Grand Island on Hwy 2 up to 83 to 90 because I want to stop at Wall for a Veterans donut and coffee. Then west to Rapid City, and drop down to Hwy 16 to go through Custer and then back to 90, or I may just take 90 on to Spearfish and on west. In any event, I plan to end up at Hwy 212 in Montana to ride over Bear Tooth Pass. Then down through Yellowstone, over to Dillon, then North West to LoLo to 12, West to Lewiston and on into Oregon....

I'm leaving on July 5th and taking my time sight seeing, so if you go that way, depending on timing, I may run into you or we could plan on meeting at some point....

I did security the last two rallies would like to do the same in Salem. Wed or Thursday. Who do I get in touch with? I thought I posted this the other night, guess I goofed it up.
1der

Try again, there is no way all slots are filled. If all else fails, we will still be looking for lots of volunteers when the rally is running. Just go to the Volunteer booth in the MOA building.

Martin. Shuttle, Chair

Security

Martin,
Sent another e-mail to the security chair. If I don't here anything, I have a bus driver CDL. LOL

Back