• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

From RT to 2013 GS LC

Hammam

Ever since trading my GS for an RT, I regretted the GS. Not that the RT is not a good bike. In fact, it is wonderful, comfortable, it has tremendous protection in every weather, it is powerful and it handles beutifully in the twsties. But the fun factor had disappeared, along with the crazy looks of the GS, the standing up on the pegs on our terrible street surfaces and the idea that I could do anything and go anywhere (within reason.) Plus the RT was heavy and cumbersome for everyday riding and parking in town, going to work, on errands... So, when I saw the new GS' specs, most notably cruise control, ride modes and (hopefully) better ESA (dynamic?) and screen, less weight, not mentioning more power and torque, I couldn't resist. So, I made a leap of faith, sold the RT after only 15 monhs and ordered the new GS, recalls and all. I should get it by the end of March. Can hardly wait. And never mind the heated seats, I'll get myself better winter underwear.

Last edited:
For me a 1200GS will do everything an RT can, but not the other way around. There is a reason it is BMW's best selling bike. The all new GS sounds like it should be better in almost every way. It's nice to start seeing ride reports from new owners who came from other BMW's, opposed to professional testers.

Back