• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

torque sequence oil sump 1978 R100/7

I just put mine on...and took it off. :doh. I put all the bolts up finger tight. Then with my nut driver screwdriver, I started at one bolt and snugged it a bit...not all the way tight. Then I went to every other bolt in sequence and did the same thing. I switched to the other 7 that I skipped. Got back to the first one I started with and resnugged it some more...I repeated the pass on all bolts. I probably did this another pass. I'm sure I'll need to recheck after the first heat cycle. Some suggest starting at the two bolts on either side in the center and snug them up in an outward circular pattern.

Thanks. Doug

Aok
i just put mine on...and took it off. :doh. I put all the bolts up finger tight. Then with my nut driver screwdriver, i started at one bolt and snugged it a bit...not all the way tight. Then i went to every other bolt in sequence and did the same thing. I switched to the other 7 that i skipped. Got back to the first one i started with and resnugged it some more...i repeated the pass on all bolts. I probably did this another pass. I'm sure i'll need to recheck after the first heat cycle. Some suggest starting at the two bolts on either side in the center and snug them up in an outward circular pattern.

Back