• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bud makes chips, or, as Nancy says, "Cut that out!"

Bud

It is what it is.
Too lazy to retype.

Just getting started with CNC and here is a post about my first day cutting as well as a little background info.

Bud makes chips. You may have to scroll up once you get there.

Hope you find it enjoyable. I sure have had fun.

Congratulations Bud! That thing will keep the ol noggin functioning won't it? :)

You mention that your daughter is an L.D. runner - so is my wife. She just completed her first 100 mile run 4 months ago, and is looking forward to more.
Personally I think that's why God created Michelins....but what do I know?

Would you consider making/selling another medal rack?

Ken

Hey Ken,

Give me a couple of weeks and I will see what I can do.

PM me with a name and I will get back to you.

Thanks!

CNC Project

A bunch of years ago when I was layed off I took a CNC Programer / Operator
Course and I was able to pick my own project.

The Logo for our BMW Club the Niagara BMW Riders.

Tried to get some depth perception with a raised relief.

I even milled out the oak to sink the aluminum down inside.

Attachments

• Morgan 002.JPG
    Morgan 002.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
A buch of years ago when I was layed off I took a CNC Programer / Operator

Darryl,

That is a fine piece of work!!!!!!

Would you consider making/selling another medal rack?

Ken

Keep me on your list (Emily) if you go into production of the Girl Runner Rack, Bud. I knew you could carve the mountain roads with your bike but didn't realize how adept you are carving with other machines. ;)

Keep me on your list (Emily) if you go into production of the Girl Runner Rack, Bud. I knew you could carve the mountain roads with your bike but didn't realize how adept you are carving with other machines. ;)

Got you down!

A bunch of years ago when I was layed off I took a CNC Programer / Operator

How did you get the aluminum anodized? I'm just curious..........

Nice work Bud :clap While this may be a bit off topic for some, if you happen to be in the West Springfield Mass area- May 14-16 2013, there is quite a machine show. The show is called EASTEC. While it is mainly metal, a lot of the CNC machines displayed by HAAS and others are used for wood and plastic. It is a great show that I have attended some 15 times. OM

FWIW, you can just type G00 G90 G54 X0 Y0 Z0

That rapids to your global work coordinate origin (assuming you use the standard G54). You don't have to type G00 X0, G00 Y0, etc. Caution: Some programs read left to right, some one line at a time. It sucks when you rapid right through your clamp, break your tool, break your clamp, lose your origin, and gouge your part. Haha. What I usually do at the beginning of a "manual" program is to rapid up in Z however far to clear all clamps and offsets. Like:

G00 G90 G54 Z5.
X0 Y0
Z0.25 M08
G01 Z-.whatever Fwhatever
etc

Every interface I've encountered remembers the G00 G90 G54, so you don't have to type it every line if you're still moving in rapid. Same for G01, G02, etc.

Yes please, me too! ThIs is perfect and FWIW would easily sell at state track meets, running clubs and stores, and marathon locations. Thanks.

Back