• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Job Alpinestars!

mclassing

I just received my freshly soled Web Goretex boots back from Alpinestars. They look fantastic.

They are four years old and had accumulated 34,000 miles. The left boot was worn smooth from where I 1-foot my RT. The soles were getting to be dangerous on wet surfaces.

Alpinestars turned them around in about a month (door-to-door) for $ 70.00 USD -- including return ground shipping. I understand that they normally turn them around in two weeks -- but, alas, this is their busy time of year.

If you're interested in getting your boots refreshed, contact them at the following number and get a Return Authorization.

+1 800-727-8277

My only complaint is a very minor one: They kept the original box I normally store the boots in during off-riding season. C'est la vie!

Mike

You may also want to check with a local cobbler. They do exist in some areas. A buddy of mine got his riding boots re-soled for $40. Just another option.

You may also want to check with a local cobbler.

If the Web Goretex boots had a more traditional boot style sole, I would have considered this. Alpinestars installed the same molded sole that came on the original boots. They really do look brand new.

Isn't it great to deal with a company that values and takes care of its customers? Good for Alpinestars!

There was a story on the news here yesterday about a woman who bought an Apple laptop from Walmart, opened the sealed and shrink-wrapped box at home and discovered the plastic case had no electronics in it. The Walmart said they could do nothing about it and she should contact Apple. Instead she contacted the local TV station's investigative reporter who her another one. Good PR for Walmart, eh?

BTW, I paid $75 five years ago to have my Sidi On-Roads resoled by a local cobler. The Sidis looked new when I got 'em back. And at $350 (!) for a new pair, $75 was a good deal.

pete
"Be yourself. Everyone elase is already taken." -Oscar Wilde

Indeed, Pete.

I like to post my poitive experiences with vendors. It helps to offset all the bitchy people's posts. ;-)

mjc

Support your local cobbler, they are skilled! My local cobbler, looked over his soiled spectacles at me, then to the boots in hand, the up, he says, " Your not a harley rider ar ya?". No, sir beemer guy. He says, "Yup, thought so, these are good quality alpinstars, harley folks tend to have cardboard like boots. He was happy to work on them and they came back like new. Bought and ridden since 1996.

Back