• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Yankee in New Zealand - Riding a Dream on the South Island

I signed up for the Best of the Best tour because it fit my schedule. There are two other tours to consider as well and they are the Best Value tour and the Fun and Funky tour.

Below: Map of our route around the South Island beginning in Nelson.

Attachments

• Pic12.jpg
    Pic12.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 27
The combination of good road surfaces, a fantastic bike with new tires and a great fit, the freedom of knowing that everything you want or need is taken care of (literally, the thinking is done for you) allows you to fully experience, enjoy and take everything in that New Zealand has to offer. It's been described as a mystical, magical playground. Your job is to just ride and enjoy.

Attachments

• Scenery.jpg
    Scenery.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27
For More Information

For more information about this and other tours, or to sign up for a tour, go to www.GoTourNZ.com or e-mail John or Ian Fitzwater at mctours@GoTourNZ.com. Their motto is, "We create great motorcycle vacations that you'll remember with pleasure for the rest of your life." Soon to come, Ian Fitzwater and Sophie Gallais will be leading tours in France. For more information go to http://www.lespe****gallais.fr/. [Note: the URL was edited due to forum software, so replace the **** with "t i t s" without the spaces.]

Hello!
After much proding and assistance coupled with an extreme amount of patience from Gary, I have been encouraged to join the forum in order to post a few of the trips that I have been lucky to be invited on and write about. I have been riding for 18 years. Ever since I flung a leg over a bike, I had always wanted a BMW and said that I wanted to ride in New Zealand and Alaska. They say that all you have to do is put it out there and somehow the universe makes it happen. Well, both riding experiences did happen as well as being fortunate enough to drive cross country including some parts of Canada as well. Now who does that their first year of riding...? Someone who has to make up for lost time, hey! Kurt was kind enough to do the conversion of an article that I wrote about touring in New Zealand. The article appeared in the BMWMOA magazine a few years back. Since then, I have returned to New Zealand for an on road/off road tour and was invited to tour in Alaska! So, dreams and wishes do come true. I hope you enjoy reading the article and it promts you to go for it. BMWMichele

Back