• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Plaintif, Corbin Seats, BMW & The Courts

BMW is lucky the guy didn't have an accident when in "this condition." He could have added "caused distracted riding" to his suit.

You will note, very few BMW riders are delighted with factory saddles. Perhaps it is just modesty that prevents most of us from complaining about the real problem Not too many good words about Corbin saddles either in recent years. So what do us wimps do? We bitch a bit, then spend several hundred dollars on after-market saddles that provide "comfort" as we individually define that term.

Now that we have a leader, maybe we should be looking at a Class Action Suit against BMW for ALL our saddle woes! Yeah, that will fix things! If successful, it will raise the price of new (and used) bikes by several thousand dollars - but hey, it is the principal that matters. A happy butt (and also other nearby anatomical parts) is our RIGHT!

More proof that anyone can sue anyone else about anything at all. Does remind me of a story of a friend of mine who had prostate surgery and
got a penis pump installed...and found that certain motorcycle seats had a distracting effect on him....
Mac

that original article was posted about a year ago.
wonder how it worked out? Given that we never heard anything else on it, i suspect that his case eventually went limp.

The evidence wouldn't stand up in court.

Like Pastorious - he hasn't got a leg to stand on, but at least he still has a spring in his step.

I rode to Hollister last week and had a one-piece seat installed on my 2003 R1150RS - the techs there said they had a great laugh about it at the time - not heard anything since.

Please note that Corbin no longer offers the Erection Option on their seats...:-(

now the court should make him pay part of the defense costs for Corbin and BMW

Don't they try these types of cases before a civil jury, in most states?

Yes.

I looked at the Court Clerk's Minutes online; the Minutes are the Clerk's notes of what transpired in the courtroom. The case was indeed mid-trial and before a jury; a number of witnesses had already testified.

It's common in civil litigation that after the Plaintiff has presented evidence, the Defendant/s move for nonsuit - asking the Judge to rule that, as a matter of law, the evidence presented is insufficient to submit to the jury. In this case, the Judge found that while the Plaintiff had established that he had priapism, he did not present more than speculative evidence that his condition was caused by the ride on the bike. To proceed to the jury, the Plaintiff had to show credible evidence (not speculation) that the ride on the bike caused this physical condition. The Judge concluded that the Plaintiff had not made this showing.

Defendant/s can now move to recover their costs of suit (filing and service fees and deposition costs).

Thanks Dave.

The facts of this case obviously didn't sit well with the judge. :D

Last edited:
If the vibration from a K100 caused a 20-month erection, what would a ride on a Harley have done?

Kirstie Alley was on Tonight Show some time back and commented that she loved to ride on HD motorcycles above a certain size because of the special vibration involved. Not going any further down that road.:nono

Got to wonder, though: how on earth could a K100 have vibration? I was under the impression that it was turbine like in it's design.

Back