• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Nav III wiring help

drswift

A buddy bought a used Navigator III, with the power cable cut off flush at the battery end. There are three wires inside the black cable: red and black are obvious. Where does the purple wire connect? :dunno

So you don't give up before somebody more knowledgeable comes along with details, I can tell you that third wire is used for a speedometer input. On BMWs there is a three wire connector near the fork - a matching plug is available as a repair part. I think I've seen the part number, pin outs and wire colors mentioned here before, try a search.

On BMWs there is a three wire connector near the fork - a matching plug is available as a repair part. I think I've seen the part number, pin outs and wire colors mentioned here before, try a search.

I guess it would work fine hooking up just the red and black???

Back