• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

results from Dynojet dyno yesterday

doraemon

My sport with Apoc pipe came out at 49.5hp and 40.7ftlbs.
the stock pipe was 47hp didn't get torque.

next will be a PC v which will be available next month according to Dynojet. My tuner thinks we should get another 5% (1-2hp).

Interesting info.
Please post some riding comparisons pre and post once you get to the end of this project. Aside from what may be 10% gains on the dyno, how does this translate to road behavior?

Dedicated experimenter you are!!

What's it going to cost for the 4 HP gain?
Pipe, PC v, plus the dyno time.

What's it going to cost for the 4 HP gain?
Pipe, PC v, plus the dyno time.

Three things come to mind with that question: (keep in mind, this is humor, I hope)
1. if you have to ask you can't afford it.
2. speed cost money
3. I do it because I am an man, and I can! powered Brig and stratton mini dragsters, Lawn tractor races, oh yeah, that's money well spent

Now that the funny part is over;

PC V is $380
My Apovravic titanium pipe was $700 -30% coupon from motorcycle show ($490)
Cat removal, Muffler King custom SS304 "test pipe" $130
Dyno time $50 per session and $150 for tuning session (I havent paid for any sessions, I will pay for tuning)

so I expect I may end up at $1150 (<$300 per horse) acceptable for me.
without my discounts and haggling $1650, if you buy the same pipe. there are other pipes at lower cost, and not using stainless steel pipe for "test pipe"

My sport with Apoc pipe came out at 49.5hp and 40.7ftlbs.
the stock pipe was 47hp didn't get torque.

next will be a PC v which will be available next month according to Dynojet. My tuner thinks we should get another 5% (1-2hp).

Did you also get the auto tune ?

I didn't get the auto-tune, after consulting my dyno shop, it was deemed not necessary.

I think I would agree, since you have already paid the dyno shop. I got the auto tune on my Victory, primarily because I thought i mike make other changes in the future, and didn't want the inconvenience (for me) or the cost of retuning on the dyno everytime. Not sure whether a dyno shop is the best place to get advice on auto tune though? :)

That is assuming you pay the dyno shop for every retunr you do. I don't happen to have that problem. I live very close to the owner and go to the shop quite often. Even is the Auto tune was inexpensive enough, I have enough access to a shop for tuning. In face with the PC V, you have a switch that you can put dual tunes in and switch on the fly, so putting on a fuel conserving one and a power tune would be easy.

As a note, I got the bike back monday form the muffler shop, the Cat is gone, it's "fast and loud" but no crazy beards like the guys on that show! he he
Nels (2wheeldyno) is busy with getting some racers ready for the season, so I hope to get dyno'd next tuesday. I will post results then. Currently, the bike is Cat'less Apoc Titanium, and PC V with dynojet made tune.

I finally was in town long enough to leave the scooter with Nels (2wheel dyno), and it is mixed results. First, we do have a gain across the board, however, it looks like the clutch cannot handle the out put as well. while we did break 50hp and 42hp, we will need to do a clutch that is more tunable to the power. I will start looking for a clutch, either the Dr. pully HIT clutch or what else is out there. here is the dyno, this shows the stock (with Apoc Titanium) versus PC V tune (PCV, no cat), in addition if you consider the stock (stock pipe) was at 47hp, and no air filter mods yet. And also consider how much more rich the A/F mixture is. more to come, when I have a clutch.....

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 52
Update, I put 50 miles on the scooter last night with some nice weather. today I will do maybe 100 or so as well. So far I am realling seeing the need for less throttle, I will also check my milage by tank versus the trip computer. so far in easy riding in stop and go I am up to 46. today I will do more highway, but into the mountians, and see how it comes out.

Back