• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Twisted Throttle Dry Spec D38 Tail Bag

bobframe

Attachments

• php5Q1TlA.jpeg
    php5Q1TlA.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,393
Last edited:
bought one last year... keeps stuff dry but it's a lot smaller in size than I realized when I ordered it. I thought I'd put my sleeping bag/pillows/bag liner in there but since I don't have a compression sack for the sleeping bag, all my stuff didn't fit in it.

Quality is great, lots of places to strap it to the bike... Any other questions?

I got one of those from Amazon.
Very happy with the product.
LG 24 inches and XL 30 inches.
From 40 to 50 bucks.
71Xt6c19hNL._SL1500_.jpg

bought one last year... keeps stuff dry but it's a lot smaller in size than I realized when I ordered it. I thought I'd put my sleeping bag/pillows/bag liner in there but since I don't have a compression sack for the sleeping bag, all my stuff didn't fit in it.

Quality is great, lots of places to strap it to the bike... Any other questions?
Thanks. I have several questions:
I have a concern over how wide the opening is. In other words, when "wide open" how is access to the contents?

Can you retrieve an item from the corner easily?

Can a Kermit chair fit?

Does the "slip ring" tie down system work well?

I plan to eliminate the pillion seat and mount this bag length-wise (probably hang over the tail light??). Make sense?

Can you show picture of the bag on a 1200GS? EDIT: I'd also love to see how you strap the bag to a GS. Thanks!

Thanks a bunch,

Bob

Last edited:
I've got one. I actually bought the combo bags that come with the large and small one.

I have a concern over how wide the opening is. In other words, when "wide open" how is access to the contents?
Not too wide. It's kind of a bear to get in there it's like looking around a cave from a oval shaped opening. It takes some stuffing to get my sleeping bag in there cause the opening is kind of small.

Can you retrieve an item from the corner easily?
Yes as long as you don't have bulky items like a tent or sleeping bag crammed in there.

Can a Kermit chair fit?
The bag is 22" long and the kermit is 22" long. You could probably get it to fit in there "corner to corner" but I just take my camp chair and tie it down on top of the D38 using the "daisy chain" loops provided on the side.

[/quote]Does the "slip ring" tie down system work well?[/quote]
Works as well as any other system out there.

I pack ALL of my camping supplies into this bag with exception of food unless I prepack my food at the house before I leave.

Tent, sleeping bag, toiletries, cook gear, blah blah blah. If it feels full just keep cramming stuff into it and it'll fit.

Thanks Downs. Can you describe how you have configured your "rear luggage area"?

I'm planning to dismantle the OEM pillion hand holders and the top box mounting plate. Then I'd add a "Loading Plate" similar to the Twalco Expedition 2 (http://twalcomusa.com/ttr-expedition-2-loading-plate-r1200gs-07.html) These pics show a mock up of what I plan to do.....

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,666
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,628
Last edited:
Back