• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Really need helmet help!!

A

AirHeader13

I am in need of a new helmet as my Nolan N-100 sucks big time. I have narrowed down to the Sparx Helios, the LS2 FF386, or the Nolan N90/N90S. Any reviews, tips, experiences or feed back would be great!!!

My Nolan N-100 is very noisy, the face shield detents do not work and at 40mph it slams shut in my face. On top of all of this, it doesnt have a single chin bar release button. you have to use two hands to work both levers . I am looking for a helmet in that 200 and below market that is a modular, quiet, has a drop down sun shield and has good venting along withe being fairly light.

Last edited:
More info pleas

I am in need of a new helmet as my Nolan N-100 sucks big time. I have narrowed down to the Sparx Helios, the LS2 FF386, or the Nolan N90/N90S. Any reviews, tips, experiences or feed back would be great!!!

It would be helpful to tell us why you believe your current helmet sucks to give us an idea of the qualities your looking for.

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
I loved the way my Nolan N100 fit, and I also loved the non-D ring clasp, but that's pretty much where the love ended. I had similar experiences to the original poster's. But I still wore it for 6 riding seasons.

As has been stated so many times when it comes to the "quietness" of helmets....wear earplugs, no matter which helmet you decide to buy.

Also, frankly it's going to be quite a challenge to find all the qualities you're looking for in a modular helmet in the "200 and under" price range.

If you wanted to go full face, non-modular, you'd have some choices.

Fit is the most important, so you may want to go to your local gear shop/dealer and try on several models.

Quality features=more money. Earplugs=quieter ride.

Good Luck.

Back