• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Purchasing and mounting tires at the rally

deineder

Does anyone know the general turn sound time to purchase and mount tires at the rally? Also do the people who mount and balance perform quality service?

It all depends on when you take the wheel to them. Most take their wheel and leave it while they do other things.
Installation is done by a dealer generally. They do run out of tires sometimes so get there early.

Tires

You didn't mention what bike you're putting the tire on. The reason I ask is that a few years ago a friend with a /6 got stuck because the tire guys didn't have a tire in his size.
As far as I can see, they all do a good job of mounting and balancing.
So if you are riding an older bike, you might want to check with the tire vendors to make sure they'll have a tire in your size. go through the Rally Chair for vendors to find out who will be there selling tires.

Shipping too;

The Rally will have shipping services, usually UPS/FedX on site before and after rally. You could ship tires, mount'em yourself. The tire folks at rallies are stressed indeed and very busy, so EARLY is a good idea. They also can get your tires in, if not on hand, IF you're early and give'
em time. Wheels OFF bike is always a good idea, speeds the process. They do it all, though, your money:). Randy

My friends from No Mar are suppose to be there. I would suggest contacting them and pre order your tires so they have them on hand. Keeps the stress level very low!

My friends from No Mar are suppose to be there. I would suggest contacting them and pre order your tires so they have them on hand. Keeps the stress level very low!

NoMar was at Sedalia and were busy from morning to night. While their main business is to sell their tire changers, they seemed to be providing a great service to those just wanting new tires mounted. They operate on a first-come-first-served basis and bikes were lined up fifteen or more deep all day.

Back