• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Making the RR into an HP4

suttie

James
I bought a 2012 RR last year, and love it. It's red and white and I put a bunch of carbon fibre on it.

Has anyone considered how to make an RR into an HP4? I just put carbon fibre wheels on my bike, but the dealer wants $11K to trade up to a new HP4. Ridiculous, especially considering the new bike does not look that cool. Should not be a big deal. Any ideas???

Yea, be happy with the RR.

HP's are sweet, but in the real world the RR is more than most humans can master.

Don't screw up nice RR.
It'll be costly to order the electronic Ohlins fork and shock from the HP parts catalog, but a good fork/shock valve and spring setup would be just as effective for a trackday/street rider.

Putting on the case savers, frame sliders, adjustable rearsets and replaceable clipons also go a long way to improving ergo's and leverage on the bike. But we are in a global recession, so why upgrade? Have you considered buying an HP4 to park alongside the RR and start the collection?:buds:buds

By the time you were done making a HP4 clone...that $11K premium for a real one would be looking like bargain!

Back