• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello From Upstate NY

Maxcatalyst

Hi everyone new member here from upstate NY. I've been riding a 2011 G 650 GS since May of last year and am truly enjoying it. Started my riding "experience" back in 1972 on a little Honda QA50 3 speed with an automatic clutch after hurricane Agnes wiped out all of our toys. A few months in to that summer of '72 flood clean up Mom and Dad asked my brother and me if we'd rather replace our games and toys OR "go get a couple of minibikes?" The rest as they say is history. I'm looking forward to making new friends here at MOA.

Welcome, Max! I had a 650gs and everyday, I am sorry I sold it. Are you doing any off road riding?

June '72

I bought my first BMW in June of '72. I got it home in the garage and it started raining! It seemed to rain forever. I was living in Skaneateles and going to SU. I have moved to NC a few years ago and still ride an airhead. I miss the summers in CNY but not the winters or Cuomo.
Welcome!
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb

Welcome, Max! I had a 650gs and everyday, I am sorry I sold it. Are you doing any off road riding?

I've done a bit of off road riding but need to replace the Metzeler Tourances on the bike. Looking for a more aggressive tread. Just heard there's a new Karoo 3 coming in March. May give them a try to improve off road confidence.

I bought my first BMW in June of '72. I got it home in the garage and it started raining! It seemed to rain forever. I was living in Skaneateles and going to SU. I have moved to NC a few years ago and still ride an airhead. I miss the summers in CNY but not the winters or Cuomo.
Welcome!
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb

Yes, June in 72 seemed to rain forever. The flood in Corning area was on June 23rd. What a mess for sure. We lived in a camper in our drive the rest of that summer as we tried to clean up.

Hi Max,
Welcome, I'm a newbie here myself, from upstate New York myself, Saratoga area.

Hello sammy, you have some great riding roads in your neck of the woods. I love to head up to the ADKs area whenever I have a chance. Was up last October, camped at Cranberry Lake and biked around the Lake Placid
region. Scenery was awesome.

FYI

I see one of you is from Rochester NY

Check out the Beemer Barn in Middleport NY about 45 miles west off the 104

Not on-line, specializes in Airheads & vintage bikes.

Max and RD

Welcome to the MOA forum. I bought my first BMW in 1975. I live just south of Albany. Lots of good riding in upstate NY and VT.

Hi everyone new member here from upstate NY. I've been riding a 2011 G 650 GS since May of last year and am truly enjoying it. Started my riding "experience" back in 1972 on a little Honda QA50 3 speed with an automatic clutch after hurricane Agnes wiped out all of our toys. A few months in to that summer of '72 flood clean up Mom and Dad asked my brother and me if we'd rather replace our games and toys OR "go get a couple of minibikes?" The rest as they say is history. I'm looking forward to making new friends here at MOA.

Since 99.5% of the NY land mass is "Upstate" could you guys be a bit more definitive. Since you mentioned Agnes, I assume you're near the North Branch of the Susquehanna. Is that so?

Otherwise, welcome to the cranky, semi anti-social world of the BMWMOA forums. We do bipolar better than most:)

Since 99.5% of the NY land mass is "Upstate" could you guys be a bit more definitive. Since you mentioned Agnes, I assume you're near the North Branch of the Susquehanna. Is that so?

Otherwise, welcome to the cranky, semi anti-social world of the BMWMOA forums. We do bipolar better than most:)

Grew up just outside of Painted Post not too far from Corning where the Tioga river meets the Chemung. Now live just east of Rochester near our local BMW dealer Country Rode Motowerks.

Welcome to the Forum and the MOA Club, Max and RD. :wave

Living in NY and being so close to us in Ontario, you might wish to check out our Club's ABC Rally being held from May 17-21 this spring. :bar

, camped at Cranberry Lake and biked around the Lake Placid
region. Scenery was awesome.

Welcome to the site.
In 1974/1975 I went to New York State Ranger School, which is located on Cranberry Lake.
You're right, that part of the state has great scenery.

Was fun reading this thread. Grew up in the Elmira area. Now in O-HI-O in the Air Force. Great riding in that part of the country. I envie you guys/gals. It's rather flat out here - until you get in the southeast portion of the state. May have to come out that way this summer -- do the Finger Lakes tour.

Cheers!

//Rob

Back