Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Tinnitus anyone?

Unhappy tinnitus anyone

about 10 years ago I participated in a tinnitus study at Georgetown University, one can Goggle the results, and the conclusion was what those in the study had in common was shrinkage in a particular part of the brain. So, it is important to wear protection to minimize hearing loss but that in itself may not protect against the onset of tinnitus. Lastly, as one ages another condition to look forward to is age related brain shrinkage (look that up also).

Sorry to spread bad news.
    )

Brain shrinkage
    Some would think anyone who rides a motorcycle already has this going on as well
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Well I swear I've never had a problem with this until I started reading all these posts about it....Now I notice IT. Thanks everyone! . I do think I'll be more conscious about putting in earplugs when needed.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

13 really long years. first noticed it about a month AFTER I started using/wearing noise reduction. How loud is it now? Imagine being in a 12X12 room, bare walls, hardwood floor... with 100 locusts on a hot August day. Standing on my deck on a mtn. in the middle of nowhere NH, I used to find immense calm and serenity in absolute silence. I've completely lost any recollection of that experience. 13, really, long, years.
    Greg North - Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte & Greensboro
    There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
    And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by selyab View Post
    Tinnitus
    1) Old people get it.
    2) We're all old.
    3) We all have Tinnitus.
    I've had it since my early 20's, almost 50 yr now, my own internal symphony. I think maybe it's gotten a bit worse as I got older, tho. I can't remember when it wasn't there but I've learned to block it out so it really doesn't bother me much. It would be awfully quiet without it.
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289

What's the buzz, or at least ringing?

As a retired Army Officer I acquired Tinnitus in 1972 while serving in the Field Artillery. It became worse over the years with explosions and gunfire. After many years I found a formula called RING STOP. It is available on Amazon. I take i capsule 2 times a day with meals. It takes my perceived noise level down 60% to 70%. Worth a try. Hope this helps. Ear plugs of muffs in loud environments will help it from getting worse.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 74464 View Post
    As a retired Army Officer I acquired Tinnitus in 1972 while serving in the Field Artillery. It became worse over the years with explosions and gunfire. After many years I found a formula called RING STOP. It is available on Amazon. I take i capsule 2 times a day with meals. It takes my perceived noise level down 60% to 70%. Worth a try. Hope this helps. Ear plugs of muffs in loud environments will help it from getting worse.
    Any reduction would be a help
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

When I was fairly young I remember my dad and I both identifying in ourselves at the same time. No idea what life would be like without it.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by 74464 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. I've wondered about those products. Former Armor Crewman here.