• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

bar backs - tank bag - 2011 R1200RT

dposey

Looking at putting ilium bar backs on my 2011 RT - have a BMW tank bag- yes it's big - but useful.

Ilium bar backs bring the bars up and back 1.3 inches.

Anyone used these with a BMW tank bag? Any interference?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear sanford4 (real name? We're friendly around here..)

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46055 - I'm adding that info to your thread title since rather obviously with the number of hexhead models BMW made, there can be different results with different models and different bar-backs and different tank-bags.

PLEASE put this info in your thread title for future posts to the tech forums. It makes your post more likely to be opened by someone who might be able to help, and it will probably be useful for someone seeking the same info in the future.

Thanks for your cooperation,

2011 r1200 rt ilium bar backs and tank bag

Ok so I'm replying to my own thread. Ilium bar backs and brake line extender are installed. Works ok with the BMW tank bag. Only problem I've had is at turning the handlebars to the extreme right the bag hits the kill switch.

Back