• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New rider from DC

walerch

I'm a new BMW owner and a new rider (haven't ridden in 30 years) and LOVE my 2005 R1150GS Adv. I will say it was a bit bigger bike then I was planning to buy but it kinda fell into my lap. I also didn't have a BMW in mind when I was looking. I'm so happy the bike found me. The goal is to be a Moto official for bicycle racing and the GSA really fits the bill. Also helped that it is Farkled out for that purpose.

Right now just trying to put miles in the saddle riding with some very experienced ridders. Taking the MSF class at the end of month.

Wayne

Welcome to the land of BMW. Glad to see your going to take the MSF course. Hope you enjoy that GSA. It makes a great road bike by the way. How about heading to the Rally in Salem, Oregon in Mid-July. From DC, that is a nice little ride that will allow you and your bike to become "one."

Cheers!

Hi Wayne! Our local club is very active, and we have many ways to meet up with members. Take your pick: breakfast ride, tech day, meeting, rally...

Come on over and say hi. www.bmwbmw.org

I'm a new BMW owner and a new rider (haven't ridden in 30 years) and LOVE my 2005 R1150GS Adv. I will say it was a bit bigger bike then I was planning to buy but it kinda fell into my lap. I also didn't have a BMW in mind when I was looking. I'm so happy the bike found me. The goal is to be a Moto official for bicycle racing and the GSA really fits the bill. Also helped that it is Farkled out for that purpose.

Right now just trying to put miles in the saddle riding with some very experienced ridders. Taking the MSF class at the end of month.

Wayne
Welcome to the forum! Once you get grooved in, you will have a great deal of fun doing the events that use Moto Officials. Gary

stkmkt1,

Unfortunately July is a busy month for me. I am planning a trip to Minneapolis at the end of the summer to visit some friends and the Minnesota Sate Fair. I already have a couple of short trips on the books in the meantime.

I'm glad I took the MSF course despite some frustrations on the bike. Half my group couldn't/wouldn't get out of 1st gear. I still learned a lot.

Wayne

Hi Wayne! Welcome to the forum!

Glad you took the MSF course. Was this the beginner rider course or or the next level up on your bike? If you did not take it on your bike, I encourage you to do so. It's a great way to learn about your bike in a controlled environment.

Are you planning to do the Pirahanna Sports triathalon rides? Our local club, the Mid Atlantic Riders participates. It's a great way for the group to earn funds that allow us to purchase equipment for the club's use.

Best of luck!

Hi Wayne! Welcome to the forum!

Glad you took the MSF course. Was this the beginner rider course or or the next level up on your bike? If you did not take it on your bike, I encourage you to do so. It's a great way to learn about your bike in a controlled environment.

Are you planning to do the Pirahanna Sports triathalon rides? Our local club, the Mid Atlantic Riders participates. It's a great way for the group to earn funds that allow us to purchase equipment for the club's use.

Best of luck!

I took the beginners course since I haven't ridden a motorcycle in 30 years. The next level is definitely on the agenda. After reading ON for the last 3 months I want to take some off road classes to.

I know Piranha puts on a Triathlon series but don't know about their rides.

Wayne

I took a Rawhyde off road course and it was excellent however pricey. I definitely feel it was worth it. I have several friends who took BMW's Performance Center training as well with good reviews. (Rawhyde has since partnered with BMWPC)

For more informal help, consider hooking up with the GS Giants at one of the upcoming events. Our mission is to promote off road riding and support new comers to the sport. There is never a shortage of friendly helpful folks who can give you tips and help pick up your bike when you fall.

Short notice: March Moto Madness is coming up next week. Here are a few links:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/calendar/all
http://www.marchmotomadness.com/

And if you're not ready for off road riding, consider just coming to hang out with us.

Back