• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motus Motorcycles

I think we all agree that we certainly wouldn't mind "trying one on for size" and seeing what happens when we stretch the throttle cables. :D

... seeing what happens when we stretch the throttle cables.

Ain't gonna happen ... the Motus is fly by wire. :dance

1650cc liquid-cooled V4, 165 HP
6-Speed, dual-overdrive
Electronic Fuel Injection
Electronic throttle control
720w alternator
Ohlins R&T NIX adjustable front suspension
Progressive mono-shock rear suspension w/ remote preload adjuster
Brembo calipers
Forged aluminum wheels w/ wave rotors
Powerlet port
Removable side cases by Givi
Premium seat by Sargent
20,000 mi XW-ring chain by RK
Hybrid rear sprocket w/ lifetime warranty
Centerstand
2 year warranty unlimited mileage
Manufacturer's suggested retail price $30,975

A few thought's in that area:

When:blush ;I win the LOTTO, I will never again " OWN " anything that moves or requires paint.

I plan to live in unimaginable luxury, and let "those" people clean up after me.
A $40k motorcycle ?
Humph , why not.;)

(In my best Mo Howard of the Three Stooges voice)

N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk.... .. ..
icon_wink.gif

If I had an extra $40,000 hanging around I think I would probably have the MST-R. Hey they even throw in a centerstand

For 40K, I'll take a Ducati, and a trip to Italy to ride it in the Dolomites, thank you very much.
And STILL Have change left for another bike of my choosing.

I'm rooting for them to succeed for atleast the next five years after they start selling them, then get bought out by the likes of Polaris to streamline the build process, share controls and parts where they can to get prices down. Not unlike what they're doing with Indian. Polaris could use a good sport/standard style bike line. I'd also like to see them go to a belt drive instead of chain. No maintenance.

Honda and the other J brands just don't build light bikes except for some of the sportbikes.
I think Honda especially bringing out a light sport touring type is complete fantasy- they'd need to redesign everything on their current models in different materials- from frame to plastics....
They're as bad as Mercedes who seem able to make motors that make giant power but fail to get comparable performance results because the pig weight of the vehicles offsets the power added.
Take a look at the published weights of any twin turbo S or even a C63...

BMW bikes by comparison do a good job at weight control- even the 6 is pretty light for what the complete package delivers..Of course, a few of BMW foibles are tracable to this as well....

I would very much like to see another major American motorcycle brand appear but I see nothing in the strategy, financing, etc of any that make it probable. Buell lacks the cash and may be out of design steam except for a small niche, Motus and Conderate are attacking a tiny slice of the market, and Polaris Indian is going to have a tough time carving away Harley riders- and won't get J brand cruiser types unless it keeps pricing competitive- which seems unlikely.

Back